Community Page: Red Ajah HQ
From Tar Valon Library
- 1 The Red Ajah at TarValon.net
- 2 Leadership
- 3 Get To Know the Reds
- 4 Red Traditions
- 5 Red Ajah Newsletters
- 6 Red Freeweeks
- 7 Contact the Red Ajah
- What can be said about the Red Ajah?
- We are strong and independent, this is true. We are also passionate. These things might be said of a lot of the membership groups at TarValon.net, but it is the Red Ajah's brand of strength and passion that is different, that is special to us, that sets us apart.
- There is no typical Red Aes Sedai. We are each vividly different; we might not always get along, but we adhere to a strong sense of family and togetherness. We might fight amongst ourselves from time to time, but heaven help anyone who does wrong to one of ours. That person will meet the justice of the Red Ajah face to face.
- We are family. We defend and support one another. We take the wearing of the Red shawl deadly seriously, and we love one another with the fierceness of a mother protecting threatened cubs. We define our Ajah anew every day, each with our own take on what it means to be Red, but when it matters, we are united, we are one.
- We are the Red Ajah.
- We get asked a lot if we're like the book Red Ajah.
- Nor do we hate men - although it can be argued that neither do all the book Reds - and we don't have a stigma about men either. Many of us are married or in relationships with men, and have male friends both on and off the site. If you come to us looking for a tribe of man-haters, you will be disappointed (although we do have plenty of running jokes about us all being evil torturers! See our Traditions for more!)
- That said, we are a strong, tight-knit group who share a vision of family and who fiercely protect our own.
- Finally, just to say, for those of you who are guesting, or considering guesting, or just looking to know more about the site groups, we say this: very few of our Aes Sedai would, solely upon reading the books, assume that they would be Red Ajah. The Aes Sedai who have found their way to us, came to us with an open mind, putting the (admittedly) bad rep of (some of) the book Reds behind them and looking at our community group with fresh eyes.
- Do the same, and we might well surprise you.
- The Highest, Head of the Red Ajah: Ealandrelle Sedai
- Heart of the Red Ajah: Valadilene Sedai
- There are currently 27 active Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah (including Rhed al'Tere, the Amyrlin Seat). Find out more about the Aes Sedai below!
- We know it can be hard to remember who's who, so we put together a Red Facebook where you can see the avatars that the Reds use on the Forums!
- We as an Ajah strongly value our traditions!
- Those below we share publicly; others are revealed only to those who attain the Red Shawl.
- Baby Reds are Baby Reds. We have a whole bunch of traditions, events and signatures when a new Red is raised.
- We often have Hangouts (via Google Hangout). Some of these are Red-only, for the Aes Sedai, our Aspirants, and guests, but some are Open hangouts that anyone can join. They're pretty legendary so do keep an eye out for any announcements that we're due to hang out!
- NEXT OPEN HANGOUT: October 24-25 - Hocus Pocus Screening
We've revived our Red Newsletter!
Next newsletter due in late 2015!