Outreach Activities Graphics Coordinator
The Outreach Activities Graphics Coordinator is a staff role in the Department of Community Outreach working with and for the Outreach Activities Coordinator and overseeing the OA Graphics team. It ensures all graphics needed for an event are done on time and meet the required graphics specs and standards, as well as helping the OA Graphics team hone their skills.
Department: Department of Administration
Position Level: Staff
Rotation: Non Rotating
Merit Eligibility: Staff Merit
Chain of Command
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in and oversee the brainstorming and creation of graphics for the four annual freeweeks as well as other events
- Manage the OA Graphics team and communicate with the OAC and/or Director of Community Outreach regarding any suggestions, problems or concerns
- Balance the capabilities and capacities of OA Graphics team members against the graphics workload to ensure everyone is challenged but not overwhelmed
- Ensure graphics are completed by deadline, either by the assigned Graphics team member or an emergency substitute, or finally by the OAGC themself
- Ensure graphics meet the required specs and the desired standards
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Must be willing and able to be available to the members of the OA Graphics team for consultation, training and mentoring in the creation and production of graphics and imagery
- Must be willing to spend approximately 10-15 hours a week on the boards for planning, and more hours as needed during events and freeweeks
- Must have experience and skill with graphics creation, preferably with Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP and/or similar software
Non Essential Qualifications
Experience within Outreach Activities is a plus but not a necessity
Previously this was an Admin position in the Department of Marketing. The role was originally known as the Online Events Graphics Coordinator and it acted as a liaison between the Department of Marketing and the Department of Community Development.
In May 2011, the name of the role changed to Outreach Activities Graphics Coordinator and it acted as a liaison between the Department of Marketing and the Department of Community Outreach.
In November 2011, this role was changed to a staff position and the duties were changed to work with Graphics staff in the Department on the Outreach Activities Team rather than liaise with Marketing's team.