From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
There is some confusion about her appearance. She is described as being beefy with a square chin (CoT, Ch. 21), plump, and round-faced (TGS, Ch. 12). Later, she is described as lanky, all skin and bones (TGS, Ch. 43).
She has an unyielding demeanor (TGS, Ch. 43).
- Suana is Sitter for the Yellow Ajah for forty years before stepping down (CoT, Prologue).
- Following the split in the Tower, Suana, Adelorna, Ferane, Jesse and Serancha, all of them heads of their respective Ajahs, agree to control the Tower between them. They send the youngest Sitters of their Ajahs to the rebels in an attempt to control the rebels and bring about a reunification of the Tower. To temporarily replace these Sitters, they choose sisters whom they can control (TGS, Ch. 43). Suana handles this by becoming a Sitter herself (CoT, Prologue).
- Suana and other Sitters tell Elaida that the White Tower is to enter into negotiations with the Salidar Aes Sedai (CoT, Ch. 21) .
- Suana summons Egwene for a private lesson; she is the first Sitter to do so. She has Egwene run through various weaves, many of which are related to Healing. She tells Egwene outright that she would like to see Egwene in the Yellow Ajah. Egwene asks if the sisters have been speaking about what to do regarding the tension between the Ajahs, and Suana replies that she doesn’t know what can be done. Egwene reminds Suana that the other Ajahs aren’t her enemies, and Suana soon dismisses her; however, she does not assign Egwene a punishment (TGS, Ch. 12).
- Following the Seanchan attack on the White Tower, Suana, Adelorna, Ferane, Jesse and Serancha meet to discuss what to do. They decide to abandon their dreams of secretly controlling the Tower through the Amyrlin and to have Egwene raised as the Amyrlin Seat of the reunified Tower (TGS, Ch. 43).
- The Hall raises Egwene to the Amyrlin Seat. Suana is smiling openly when Egwene enters the Hall. Suana is one of the three sisters, along with Yukiri and Seaine, who pledges for Egwene. Following her raising, Egwene reprimands the Hall for letting the Tower degenerate so far (TGS, Ch. 46).
- Following re-unification, Suana steps down to allow Magla and Romanda to take their place as Sitters (ToM, Ch. 27).
- Suana cannot be Black Ajah (TPoD, Ch. 25).
- In Suana's view, her opinions are the Ajah's opinions. She believes that the White Tower should negotiate with the Salidar Aes Sedai (CoT, Ch. 21).
- Her rooms look like a garden, with mirrors positioned to reflect light within the room. Egwene thinks that Nynaeve would be pleased to see a Yellow working with herbs (TGS, Ch. 12).
Egwene is surprised at how adamant Suana is that Egwene would make a good Yellow (TGS, Ch. 16). Suana is one of the three sisters, along with Yukiri and Seaine, who pledges for Egwene when she is raised to the Amyrlin Seat (TGS, Ch. 46).
Suana, Adelorna, Ferane, Jesse and Serancha do not fully trust each other, but Jesse thinks to herself that they come closer to doing so than any one else with any power in the Hall (TGS, Ch. 43).
"Saerin says that Juilaine was handpicked for the Brown, too, apparently not their usual way, and Doesine says the same about Suana, though she was hesitant about saying anything... In any case, she was a Sitter for forty years the first time, and you know it isn't common to take a chair after you were a Sitter that long." (Seaine about Suana; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue)
"'There is strong feeling in favour of it in the Yellow Ajah.' Which meant she had strong feelings. She was the head of the Yellow Ajah, the First Weaver, something Alviarin knew because the Black Ajah knew all the Ajah secrets, or nearly all, and in Suana's view, her opinions were the Ajah's opinions." (Suana and Alviarin about Suana and the negotiations; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 21)
"First Weaver: The title given to the head of the Yellow Ajah. This position is currently held by Suana Dragand in the White Tower. Suana Sedai is one of only two Ajah heads to sit in the Hall of the Tower at present." (Crossroads of Twilight, Glossary)
"'Being of the Yellow isn’t about skill, child,' Suana said. 'It’s about passion. If you love to make things well, to fix that which is broken, there would be a purpose for you here.'" Suana to Egwene (The Gathering Storm, Chapter 12).
"'And what good will it do to blame one another?' Suana replied. 'Are we so childish that we will spend this meeting squabbling about which one of us will hang, in a useless attempt to evade our responsibility?'" Suana to Adelorna, Ferane, Jesse and Serancha (The Gathering Storm, Chapter 43).