|Location||Charleston, SC, USA|
|Join Date||January 2010|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 2010
- Joined Tower: January 2010
- Raised Accepted:
- Raised Aes Sedai: January 2010
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Dragon*Con 2009 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dragon*Con 2011 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dragon*Con 2012 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2009 - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2011 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2012 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2013 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2014 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2015 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2016 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2017 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2018 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2019 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Senior Member Interview
December 6, 2011
- Why did you choose Brown?
I tend to think that Brown chose me. It really seemed to fit with what I do--reading, researching, having moments where the real world gets lost--and the Browns that I met at my first JordanCon and DragonCon seemed like sisters from the start. And my office is so like a Brown study; I have a skull and hundreds of books and stacks of papers. All I need is an owl.
- Are you like the Browns in the books? Do you love books and have a tendency to daydream?
- Do you have a favorite Brown Ajah character from the novels?
Sneaky, sneaky Verin is my favorite Brown.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I started reading them and loving them in the summer of 1991.
- How did you first get into the series?
My 14-year-old brother-in-law kept following me around and harassing me to read these great books; he had ARCs of the first two. Finally I read The Eye of the World to shut him up, and was immediately hooked.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
I love me some Matrim Cauthon.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
I think Alviarin is an interesting baddie.
- Favorite book and scene?
My favorite book changes from day to day, but my favorite chapter is chapter 5 of Lord of Chaos, "A Different Dance." It's just a wonderful showcase of Mat, and I love it to pieces.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I like to envision myself as an Aes Sedai, perhaps taking care of the 13th Depository. But really, I'd probably be hiding under my bed until the whole Last Battle thing was over.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I browsed all of the WoT sites that I could find, and tarvalon.net was among them. Then I talked to Mother and lots of other members at the first JordanCon, and I was convinced that I wanted to know these people better.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I have the best job in the universe; I'm a member of Team Jordan. In addition to working on all things related to the books, I'm also the office manager, which covers a lot of different tasks, including occasionally catching raccoons. I've been married for over a quarter of a century, and have two wonderful sons and two crazy cats.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I knit obsessively, and I love to play word games.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I listen to pop music most of the time, but like other kinds as well.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I love the original Star Wars movies, The Princess Bride, Transformers, and Beauty and the Beast, among many others. On TV, I love Dr. Who, Firefly, Mad Men, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Jeopardy.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Authors I love are Brandon Sanderson, Guy Gavriel Kay, George R. R. Martin, Jim Butcher, and Patrick Rothfuss on the fantasy side; on the mystery side, I love Elizabeth Peters, Sue Grafton, and Margaret Maron.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I really wanted to be a hermit and do nothing but read.