From Tar Valon Library
|Location||Forest Grove, Oregon, USA|
|Birthday||February 15, 1982|
|Join Date||April 23, 2004|
|Bonded to||Darim Pelegro|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: April 23, 2004
- Joined Tower: April 23, 2004
- Raised Accepted: November 12, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: March 3, 2005
- Head of the Brown Ajah: October 1, 2012 - present
- Tar Valon Times Staff: July 1, 2012 - present
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah:
- July 1, 2012 - September 30, 2012
- January 1, 2009 - June 30, 2009
- January 1, 2007 - June 30, 2007
- July 1, 2005 - December 31, 2005
- Chat Operator: July 30, 2005 - December 31, 2011
- Tech & Media Moderator: July 1, 2009 - December 31, 2010
- Heart of the Brown Ajah:
- Spring 2006
- Fall 2006
- Director of Communication: February 26, 2007 - November 23, 2008
- Assistant to the IRC Administrator: July 30, 2005 - March 6, 2007
- Author: Tinker in the Kitchen (song)
- Library Editor
- Members' Choice Awards:
- Alwyn da'Cara - Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Leora Oldessroth - Keeper
- Ubahsur Kindellaer - Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Sulamein Jorh'aran - Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah
- Nymeria Donnachaidh - White Aes Sedai
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Estes Park, Colorado
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado
- JordanCon 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dragon*Con 2005 - Atlanta, Georgia
- Dragon*Con 2006 - Atlanta, Georgia
- Dragon*Con 2007 - Atlanta, Georgia
Who Am I
I'm a writer of many genres, especially fantasy and romance. My current work is a young adult novel about a teenage girl who belongs to a secret time traveling guild. I'm in revision stages with it.
I am obsessed with words in numerous forms and disciplines: languages, historical linguistics, etymology, history of the alphabets, fiction writing, essay writing, journaling, technical writing, graphic design of text, acting through expression of words...I could go on and on. I love studying the stories of words and letters.
I studied ancient languages and civilizations at the University of Iowa. I enjoy singing, acting, guitar and piano. I taught a theater workshop for elementary school kids.
I also started a Wheel of Time singing group with Eleyan al'Landerin called the Flaming Sisters. We dress up as a Brown and Green Aes Sedai and sing WoT-themed bawdy pub songs (during which we are incredibly dignified) and ballads. We write our own lyrics and most of our own music.
I've written and directed Wheel of Time Interpretive Dance: The Eye of the World, which was performed at Dragon*Con twice and JordanCon once so far. I hope to find time to adapt more of the books.
Suzanne Day was named in my honor to celebrate my birthday for weeks on end. My birthday is February 15. It's no better or worse than anyone else's birthday, so it's only called Suzanne Day and takes place around my birthday because I established it, rather like claiming the Latin name of a new species of rattlesnake when you stumble across it upon being cast into the desert like Moses and you just kicked a rock because you're pissed and hungry. THIS IS MY RATTLESNAKE. It is loud and showy and less deadly than it wishes.
Senior Member Interview
Why did you choose Brown?
I've certainly matched my share of Brown stereotypes (absent-minded, selective focus, ignoring the world when it suits me), but I am Brown because I love knowledge and I love reading. I never stop learning and I never stop wishing to share my favorite parts of what I've learned with others. I get so excited by books and by information.
How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
It was nice. I was about 97% certain I was joining Brown but I also loved being a Junior Member. I taught a class on WoT Prophecies as an Accepted and that was awesome.
How did you get to read the Series?
In 2003, I worked at a bookstore; I ended up working there four years. One of my friends and coworkers used to tease me about loving romance books so much. I made a deal with him: if I read That Series With Which He's So Obsessed, and I finished it in two weeks total, he had to read a romance of my choice.
That series was, of course, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. When I started it, I didn't like the fantasy genre. When I finished, I was in love and now it's my favorite genre.
I read all nine books at the time in 12 days (I was a student and it was summer), so I won the bet. He never read the romance book and he has Toh to me for this.
Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I've attended 3 Dragon*Cons and two anniversary parties. They are awesome and everyone should do it. I also go to many, many local events, mostly in the Michigan area. We have three or four main parties every year, plus smaller ones.
Real Life Events are a great way to truly get to know people and put faces to the posts. Then you can bond even more online!
Do you have a pet?
We have an easy-going, large orange tomcat. He will just lay back and say, "Whatever, I'll be asleep" and then two or nine times a day he'll beg for food. He's content to spend the rest of the day waiting for us to pet him and reminding us patiently but firmly when we're slacking on our obligations to treat him like royalty .
Coke or Pepsi?
Neither. I don't really like soda. I usually just drink water.