A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Sayerin Assnobahr
Adeleas Namelle is an Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah. She is described as being 5'4 1/2 tall, slender and graceful, having dark eyes and straight black hair which eventually turned white and she kept it gathered at the back of her neck. Her sister, Vandene, is her mirror image. Adeleas and her sister lived in Arafel in a small farming community called Tifan's Well (TGH, Ch. 22). They took a voluntary retreat from the White Tower over seventy years ago to write the history of the world since the Breaking (TGH, Ch. 22; TPoD, Ch. 28). Adeleas is slender and graceful with a straight back. Her hair is almost white, and she is very old (TGH, Ch. 22; ACoS, Ch. 16). She has fine bones and a long patrician face (LoC, Ch. 29).
- Born in 735 NE.
- Went to the Tower in 752 NE.
- Raised to the shawl in 762 NE after spending five years as a Novice and five years as Accepted.
- Adeleas and Vandene retire from the White Tower to Tifan's Well in 970 NE (TGH, Ch. 22; TPoD, Ch. 28).
- Adeleas, Vandene, Elayne, Nynaeve, Mat, and others enter the gateway from Salidar to Ebou Dar (LoC, Ch. 44).
- Elayne takes Adeleas, Careane, Merilille, Sareitha, and Vandene to the Kin house to meet Reanne and the Elders (ACoS, Ch. 31).
- At the Tarasin Palace stableyard, five Aes Sedai (Merilille, Adeleas, Vandene, Sareitha, Careane), the rest of the Kin, some Warders and twenty Sea Folk go through the gateway made by Aviendha (TPoD, Ch. 1).
- While Adeleas and the other Aes Sedai travel to Andor with Elayne, the Seanchan attack the farm (TPoD, Ch. 6).
- Adeleas drags the Saldaean Garenia Rosoinde, one of the Kin, in front of Elayne and claims this is the runaway novice Zarya Alkaese (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- Two days before they reach Caemlyn, Adeleas and Ispan are found drugged and murdered in a small hut outside of Cullen's Crossing (TPoD, Ch. 28). We find out later that Careane committed the deed (KoD, Ch. 31).
- Adeleas showed openly her struggle with their hatred towards Ispan (TPoD, Ch. 3).
- Elayne believes that one of Merilille, Sareitha, or Careane murdered Adeleas (CoT, Ch. 11). Kirstian and Zarya consider the fact that one of Merilille, Sareitha, or Careane could have killed Ispan and Adeleas at Harlon Bridge (WH, Ch. 8).
Adeleas turned to study the Draghkar as if it were a puzzling passage in one of her books. "Whether Aes Sedai are involved or not, whatever could have brought it here?" (Adeleas to Moiraine; The Great Hunt, Chapter 22)
None of the villagers had any suspicion that the two elderly sisters living in this snug house were Aes Sedai. One did not suspect such things in a small place like Tifan's Well, a farming community deep in the grassy plains of Arafel. The villagers came to the sisters for advice on their problems and cures for their ills, and valued them as women blessed by the Light, but no more. Adeleas and Vandene had gone into voluntary retreat together so long ago that few even in the White Tower remembered they still lived. (Moiraine; The Great Hunt, Chapter 22)
However many years those Aes Sedai faces hid, Vandene and Adeleas had to be old enough to be the younger women's mothers if not grandmothers. (Mat; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 47)
Adeleas blinked, and pulled herself back to the topic. "The Kin help runaways. They always have two or three women in Tar Valon keeping watch. For one thing, they approach almost every woman put out, in a very circumspect way, and for another, they manage to find every runaway, whether novice or Accepted. At least, none has made it off the island without their help since the Trolloc Wars." (Adeleas to Elayne; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 30).