Annual Report Project Manager
The ARPM was responsible for producing, and if possible innovating, the Annual Report. In order to accomplish this, the ARPM would network with Executives; particularly the Directors of Marketing and Research. The Annual Report is a time capsule that records all aspects of the business and community of TarValon.Net in report form, as a singular place to find all information.
Department: Department of Research and Records
Position Level: Administrator
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
The Annual Report Project Manager reported to the Director of Research and Records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Google Drive documents and share with each Executive to add notes to for the current year to then utilize when writing their department’s annual synopsis.
- Periodically update the various Executive note documents with links and quotes from posts, announcements, Exec Blog posts, etc.
- Periodically catalog data to be used in appendices.
- Set due dates for individual contributors and provide reminders, escalating as necessary.
- Compile submissions from individual contributors into single document with appendices.
- (Copy) edit document.
- Work with Department of Marketing for any graphic requests and ensure that the overall look matches other official Tower documents.
- Work with the Department of Research and Records to upload content and a PDF and/or Word version of document.
- Check the relevant forum(s) and email weekly.
- Participate in relevant forum discussions.
- Respond to email within 4 days.
- Confidentiality of both survey data as well as discussions within department forum
- To meet deadlines as provided, or communicate any difficulties as soon as aware of said difficulty.
- Provide periodic updates to the Director of Research and Records.
The time to plan for and produce the Annual Report varies through the year, at slow times it can take 1 hour a week and at busy times 10 hours a week.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive related document types.
- Access to and experience with creating documents in Adobe Acrobat.
- Completed 12 years of education or more (high school, secondary school).
- Community member in good standing.
- Member of 2 or more years.
The role was disbanded at the end of March 27 and its responsibilites subsumed into the Keeper of the Chronicles position.