Assistant Social Media Manager
This is a staff position in the Department of Marketing that helps ensure the TarValon.Net Social Media Channels are kept up-to-date and posts are released on schedule. The Assistant Social Media Manager is a moderator of the Social Media forum, and has posting privileges on all TarValon.Net social media channels.
Position Level: Staff
Department: Department of Marketing
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Staff Merit
Chain of Command
The Assistant Social Media Manager reports to the Social Media Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with the Social Media Team to ensure that posting schedules/deadlines are met.
- Is a Social Media Team staff member and contributes to social media posts each month.
- Generate new ideas for posts and interactions on social media.
- Stay up-to-date with the Social Media Calendar which outlines all social media posts in advance.
- Engage with individuals through social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Steps in to act as Social Media Manager when the Social Media Manager is unavailable, under the direction of the Director of Marketing.
- Maintain communication with the Social Media Manager as needed.
- Must be a member in good standing. There is NO rank requirement for this position.
- Must be able to contribute social media posts each month.
- Be tactful and considerate when providing feedback to fellow staff members.
- Have an ability to constantly come up with ideas and not be afraid when they don't work out.
- Enjoy using social media, regardless of the platform.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, and be able to receive critiques on what is working and what isn't.
Must be willing to spend 4-6 hours a week at this position. The ability to check all TarValon.Net social media channels on a regular basis is a necessity.
- Must have been a member of TarValon.Net for at least 6 months. Open to any rank; citizen or above.
- A passion for the TarValon.Net community and a desire to share and promote it to the world.
- Experience with, and use of, at least one or two of the platforms that we are present on is required.
- If you do not already have a Facebook account, you will need to create one to be made an administrator of the page.
- Must currently be able to commit to at least one year in this position.
- Ability to create graphics would be an advantage, but is not a necessity.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
The position was created in February 2021 to enhance the presence of TarValon.Net across social media platforms.
Assistant Social Media Managers
- Dreia Raieese: December 7, 2021 - present