Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Camaille Nolaisen is one of the female members of Cha Faile, the society of Cairhienin and Tairens imitating the Aiel who have pledged themselves to Faile Bashere (ACoS, Ch. 27). Barmanes is her brother (KoD, Ch. 12).
She is Cairhienin. Like the other female Aiel-mimickers, she wears snug breeches and her hair tied back in a tail (ACoS, Ch. 4). She has a pale face (KoD, Ch. 12).
- Camaille greets Rand when he arrives at the Sun Palace after his incident with the Tower Aes Sedai and Colavaere's coronation. She introduces herself and tells him that they had not expected him to return to Cairhien so soon (ACoS, Ch. 4).
- Perrin sees Camaille, Selande, and several others as he is preparing for the trip to Ghealdan. He asks what they are doing there, and Faile replies that she has taken them into her service. Camaille and the other members of Cha Faile Travel to Ghealdan with Perrin and Faile (ACoS, Ch. 27).
- Camaille is mentioned as attending a meeting between Faile and the members of Cha Faile, but she does not play a large part in it (TPoD, Ch. 8).
- When Perrin, Tylee Khirgan and Bakayar Mishima go to a farm just outside of Almizar to see if they can acquire raken for their attack on the Shaido, Camaille is one of the people who accompanies them. When Camaille and the others hear about the man who dies spewing up beetles, she worriedly questions Perrin about it (KoD, Ch. 12).
- When they ride back through Almizar, Perrin is shot in the arm with an arrow. When he draws his belt knife to take care of it, Camaille takes the knife from him and scores the shaft of the arrow so that she can break it off (KoD, Ch. 12).
- She is sent to Cairhien with Grady to scout (ToM, Ch. 6).
- Camaille is wearing pale green, paler than normal for a Cairhienin, when Rand and Perrin first meet her (ACoS, Ch. 4).
- Faile thinks to herself that only Arrela and Camaille are quicker than Selande (TPoD, Ch. 8).
The green-clad woman glanced at the one in blue, who had her head down, and said, "My Lord Dragon, I am Camaille Nolaisen. Selande Darengil leads our society... " She blinked at a fierce look from the woman in blue. Despite the glare, Selande smelled afraid to her bones, if Perrin was making out who was who properly. Clearing her throat, Camaille went on, "We did not think -- We did not expect you to return -- so soon." (Camaille to Rand; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 4)