Author: Sayerin Assnobahr
Damer Flinn is one of the faithful Asha'man. He served in the Queen's Guard for forty years (LoC, Ch. 3). When the Black Tower was founded, he became an apprentice of Mazrim Taim and was considerably adept in Healing (ACoS, Ch. 36).
He is an old man with a leathery, creased face and has a limp that he received when a Murandian lance hit him in the thigh while he was in the Queen's Guard. He only has a small fringe of white hair left (LoC, Ch. 3, ACoS, Ch. 36).
In the year 1000 NE he is pronounced a deserter from the Black Tower. He is bonded to Corele Hovian, Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah in the same year (WH, Ch. 25). Taim later acknowledges the declaration of Damer's desertion as a mistake.
- Damer Flinn is a former member of the Queen's Guard. A Murandian lance hits him in the thigh and a limp remains when he walks (LoC, Ch. 3, ACoS, Ch. 36).
- Rand opens a gateway to the little farm outside Caemlyn. Accompanied by the Maidens, they arrive at the farm where they find Fedwin Morr, Eben, and Damer Flinn doing chores together with some other men and women. Damer is the first of the men Taim tests and determines that Flinn can be taught to channel (LoC, Ch. 3).
- At the very critical moment at Dumai's Wells, Flinn and more Asha'man led by Taim come to help Rand (LoC, Ch. 55).
- Perrin and nine Asha'man (Flinn is chosen among them) are going to accompany Rand in his way back to Cairhien, along with some Aes Sedai and Maidens (ACoS, Ch. 2, Ch. 36).
- Flinn tries Healing on Rand and explains to Cadsuane and the rest that Healing was what made him go to the Black Tower (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- Rand attacks Illian with nine thousand people. Flinn takes part too (ACoS, Ch. 41).
- Rand trusts Flinn greatly, and he promotes him to full Asha'man (TPoD, Ch. 14).
- Flinn, together with Morr, Hopwil, and Adley, Heal the injured after their first fight with the Seanchan. Later, after more battles, Rand sends Flinn and Dashiva to tell Gedwyn to start to attack again (TPoD, Ch. 23).
- There's an explosion and Rand is mad at some Asha'man. Flinn and Narishma hide from him because they think he might kill them (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- Kajima tells Logain that seven full Asha'man are announced deserters by Taim, Flinn among them. Flinn and Narishma are in the Sun Palace (WH, Prologue).
- Rand warns Min, Elayne, and Aviendha that no other Asha'man is to be trusted than Flinn, Narishma, and Hopwil (WH, Ch. 12).
- Flinn accompanies Rand, Cadsuane, and some others through the Caemlyn Gate. They go from Far Madding to Shadar Logoth. They link there to make a circle and defend the area. Flinn links with Corele and Sarene (WH, Ch. 35).
- Logain informs Rand that all the full Asha'man except himself would rather follow Taim than Rand. Taim put Flinn, Narishma, and some other Asha'man's names on the deserter's list (CoT, Ch. 24).
- Flinn is one of only three full Asha'man in Rand's camp (TGS, Ch. 1).
- Flinn Travels to bring Harine back to Rand's camp (TGS, Ch. 5).
- Flinn and Naeff arrange the meeting with Tuon (TGS, Ch. 31).
- He goes with Rand to the meeting (TGS, Ch. 35).
- He returns to Tear with Rand (TGS, Ch. 42).
- Rand has Flinn arrange gateways to Bandar Eban (ToM, Ch. 13).
- Nynaeve Heals whatever madness he has (ToM, Ch. 15).
- He goes with Rand to Saldaea (ToM, Ch. 32).
- When Aviendha's camp is attacked, he does not join one of the three circles, instead he looks for signs of males chanelling (AMoL, Ch. 33)
- He is with Aviendha when her group is attacked by Hesselam and loses his left arm (AMoL, Ch. 34)
- Rand sees an alternate version of Damer in one of his visions of possible worlds (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- He tries to Heal Rand after the Last Battle (AMoL, Epilogue)
- He finds it odd that Min, Elayne and Aviendha aren't concerned by Rand's impending death (AMoL, Epilogue)
Taim starts to teach Damer Healing and is of the opinion he has a Talent (ACoS, Ch. 36).
Samitsu considers Flinn, Jahar, and Eben already tamed after they are bonded (CoT, Prologue).
- The Healing Flinn uses looks very much like the one Sumeko and Nynaeve use: manifold, complex, and difficult (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- Flinn has become stronger in the One Power than some other Asha'man (TPoD, Ch. 22).
- He is not particularly good at making gateways (TGS, Ch. 5).
"It was Healing made me go to the Black Tower, you might say. I was a soldier, till I took a lance in my thigh; couldn't grip a saddle proper after that, or even walk far. That was the fifteenth wound I took in near forty years in the Queen's Guards. Fifteen that counted, anyway; it don't if you can walk or ride, after. I seen a lot of friends die in them forty years. So I went, and the M'Hael taught me Healing. And other things." (A Crown of Swords, Chapter 36)
Damer Flinn had risen from an ornately carved bench in front of the tent as Rand dismounted. Bald except for a ragged white fringe, Flinn looked more a grandfather than an Asha'man. A leather-tough grandfather with a stiff leg, who had seen more of the world than a farm. The sword at his hip looked as if it belonged, as well it should on a former soldier of the Queen's Guard. Rand trusted him more than most. Flinn had saved his life, after all. (The Path of Daggers, Chapter 14)
"You are the most powerful man alive! You’re ta'veren. Even the Pattern obeys your will, I should think." (The Gathering Storm, Chapter 5)
"Don’t rightly think I’d call that a difference, my Lord. They want to enslave every one of us, maybe execute us. They think it’s a favor to do either." (about the Seanchan, to Rand; The Gathering Storm, Chapter 31)