Director of Membership
Director of Membership is an Executive level position. Tasks of this position vary and are focused on providing administration for the entire Department of Membership including Heads, Company Commanders, Mayor, Master/Mistress of Novices and Recruits, and Master/Mistress of Accepted and Soldiers. The Director will also be called upon to offer counsel and insight to the other Directors and Officers.
Position Level: Executive
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
To contact the Director of Membership, email email@example.com. If you are a member of one of our membership groups, prioritize contacting your immediate Admin of that group, instead of contacting the Director. If you are a returning member and would like to have forum access back, you may email the Director of Membership.
Chain of Command
The Director of Membership reports directly to the Cordamora.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform any and all duties pertaining to facilitating a Member's experience within our community including conflict resolution, encouragement, moderation, mediation, having a voice in discipline, and paperwork.
- Super moderator of the message boards with the ability to moderate all forums as needed. As such, must opt in to every optional forum.
- Work within the Executive team to maintain and improve our community, which includes attending meetings, joining group chats, brainstorming ideas and processes to improve or at least maintain an appreciable level of member satisfaction, etc.
- Check Director's email & forums daily in order to provide quick responses.
- Have frequent interaction with site members, helping to ensure there are active threads throughout the forum.
- Help communicate news of site-wide events & announcements, to ensure all membership groups are aware and encourage participation.
- Work with mediators and moderators, as needed, in de-escalating and resolving issues between members and groups of members; make recommendations as a group to the Cordamora, if situations escalate beyond a verbal warning pursuant to the Accountability Guide.
- Manage & lead a large team of Admins, including hiring & supporting them and their groups.
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion are absolutely crucial in this position, as you'll be privy to information and decisions that normal members are not. You will be trusted with being able to see all of the forums on our boards, as well as access to private information about members and their interactions.
- Able and willing to provide at least 15-20 hours per week.
- Must currently be a Senior Member in good standing with a tenure of at least one year.
- Must have experience in a Membership position (this includes all administrative positions and all staff positions such as Hall members, Hearts, Honor Guards, and other in-Ajah/Company positions) or have real life experience that directly pertains to this Department's functionings.
- Experience using Xenforo (our forum software), or moderation tools would be helpful.
- Familiarity with or willingness to become familiar with the Code of Conduct, Mediation Guide, Accountability Guide, and Membership Manual.
- Ability to be objective and fair during discussions related to membership issues and conflict resolution. Conflict resolution skills are helpful.
- Ability & willingness to recuse from discussions where there may be real or perceived bias.
Directors of the Department of Membership
- Loraella Melodie: April 20, 2022 - present