Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Estean of House Andiama is a young Tairen nobleman. He is High Lord Torean's eldest son. He is plain-faced and jug-eared with a potato nose, lank hair and a beard. He looks more like a farmer than a lord (TSR, Ch. 2; TFoH, Ch. 30).
- He is playing cards with Baran, Carlomin, Edorion, Mat and Reimon, before Mat's cards come to life and try to kill him (TSR, Ch. 2).
- He cheers to Rand (TSR, Ch. 21).
- Estean and three other leaders ride up to Rand, reporting that the Shaido attacked Cairhien and laid siege. They ask him to help, but Estean does not quite believe they will make it fast enough (TFoH, Ch. 30).
- On his way from Cairhien, Mat encounters Tairen forces led by Estean and Melanril and Cairhienin forces led by Daerid and Talmanes. He warns them of a trap and rides with them against the Shaido (TFoH, Ch. 43).
- He, Nalesean, Daerid and Talmanes come up to Mat to report that there are Aiel ahead. The Tairen lordlings look forward to another fight (TFoH, Ch. 44).
- To celebrate the victory over the Shaido, Daerid and Estean get drunk and try to teach an Aielman "Jak o' the Shadows" (TFoH, Ch. 45).
- He runs up to Mat to inform him that a Sea Folk ship arrived at Aringill and Mat sets him to find a boat and rowers for him (LoC, Ch. 5).
- Talmanes leaves him and Daerid in charge of the Band in Murandy after the agreement with King Roedran has been worked out (KoD, Ch. 26).
- Mat and the others meet up with him again outside Caemlyn (ToM, Ch. 8).
- During the Last Battle, he leads the Band's cavalry (AMoL, Ch. 24).
Because of his father, he is very rich (TSR, Ch. 2).
He prefers plump farm girls over fishermen's daughters (TSR, Ch. 2).
He is eager and learns slowly. He knows not much about fighting, but something he is good at is dancing (TFoH, Ch. 44).
Mat thinks he is a fool, but at least he listens to Daerid (KoD, Ch. 26).
"Do we have to talk about... about commoners, Estean? What about old Astoril's daughters? Have you decided which you'll marry yet?"
"What? Oh. Oh, I'll flip a coin, I suppose." Estean frowned at his cards, shifted one, and frowned again. "Medore has two or three pretty maids. Perhaps Medore."
(Edorion and Estean; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 2)