From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Kenly Maerin is a young man from the Two Rivers. He is short, stocky and trying to grow a beard (ACoS, Ch. 1), which he later begins to shave (CoT, Ch. 5).
He might be young, but he is already a good fighter (ACoS, Ch. 1).
- He fought against the Trollocs at Emond's Field (ACoS, Ch. 1).
- Although not directly mentioned at the time, he follows Perrin from the Two Rivers to Caemlyn (LoC, Ch. 45), Cairhien (LoC, Ch. 49) and into the battle at Dumai's Wells (LoC, Ch. 55).
- He saddles Perrin's horse (ACoS, Ch. 1).
- He ignores Perrin as he walks through the camp (CoT, Ch. 5).
- He accompanies the other Two Rivers men through the aqueduct near Malden to wait for Faile in the palace during the actual attack on the Shaido (KoD, Ch. 26).
- He guards Perrin's tent with Jaim Dawtry (ToM, Ch. 23).
"Short and stocky, Kenly was barely old enough to marry or leave home and certainly not old enough for the patchy beard he was trying to cultivate in imitation of Perrin yet he had fought Trollocs at Emond's Field and done well yesterday. But he grinned broadly at praise from Lord Perrin bloody Goldeneyes." (Perrin on Kenly; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 1)