|Location||Richmond, KY, USA|
|Join Date||February 27, 2008|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: February 27, 2008
- Joined Tower: May 2, 2009
- Raised Accepted: January 12, 2010
- Aspired to the Gray Ajah: March 23, 2010
- Raised Aes Sedai: March 4, 2011
- Gray Guide
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2010 - Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Senior Member Interview
October 05, 2011
- Ajah Questions
- Why did you choose Gray?
As much as I liked many of the other Ajahs, when I guested with them I felt like a guest, not a member. When I came to Gray, I felt almost immediately like I was just another one of the gang. I felt Home.
- Are you like the Grays in the books? Do you enjoy following politics and mediating disputes?
I don't enjoy politics, they generally get me riled up and make me mad. I have always been a little bit of a mediator though. I don't like to argue with people, I feel they should just calmly and rationally talk it out with each other.
- Do you have a favorite Gray Ajah character from the novels?
I don't think I can name even one Gray character, other than the woman who was Amyrlin when Morraine was first raised.
- Book Questions
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
- How did you first get into the series?
A friend of mine at school recommended the books, and I spent the summer reading them. They were so big I could take them to summer camp with me and not worry about finishing them before I got home.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Aviendha, shes just such a strong woman.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Verin Sedai, I know I know shes not technically bad, but shes awesome.
- Favorite book and scene?
My favorite book is Eye of the World, but my favorite seen is when Egwene gets raised to Accepted.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I would hope I was an Aes Sedai, but if I couldn't channel I'd to own a bakery in Ebou Dari.
- General Questions
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm an analytical chemist, I work for a major tire manufacturer doing quality control at their plant that produces the synthetic rubber used to make tires.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I knit, crochet, and sew quite a bit. I also collect dolls.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I generally enjoy pop/top 40, but also like a little bit of alternative rock.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Project Runway, The Biggest Loser, The Big Bang Theory
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings, also the Neverending Story.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I alternated between wanting to be an astronaut and a pediatrician. I figured out I don't really like kids, so I gave up being a pediatrician, and I worked on applying to be an astronaut in college, but then wanted engineers and I'm not cut out for being an engineer.