Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- A month before the Horn is stolen, he fought at Tarwin's Gap and saved Lord Agelmar from Trollocs after his horse went down (TGH, Ch. 9).
- When Egwene and Rand went to the dungeons where Padan Fain was held, Nidao was on guard with Changu (TGH, Ch. 3).
- He disappeared when Fain left, which is later discovered when the people in the keep are counted (TGH, Ch. 9).
- He was hung up on a stoneoak not far away from the River Erinin and skinned alive by the Trollocs that left with Fain. When Rand and the group that was to retrieve the Horn of Valere saw him and Changu, they took them down and buried them (TGH, Ch. 10).
- Like all the other guards, he grew meaner every time Egwene went into the dungeons. He did not even seem to speak anymore (TGH, Ch. 3). This is the effect Fain has on the people around him.
- After Fain escaped the dungeons, Rand was relieved that he did not recognize the guards who had been on duty then. It would have made it worse for him had he known them, even had they been Changu and Nidao (TGH, Ch. 6).
- He always stayed together with Changu, no matter if they had to trade their watch or do extra duty (TGH, Ch. 9).
"At first Rand thought the figures hanging by their arms from the thick gray limbs of the stoneoak were scarecrows. Crimson scarecrows. Then he recognized the two faces. Changu, and the other man who had been on guard with him. Nidao. Eyes staring, teeth bared in a rictus of pain. They had lived a long time after it began." (Rand; The Great Hunt, Chapter 10)