|Join Date||November 28, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 28, 2004
- Joined Tower: February 3, 2005
- Raised Accepted: July 17, 2005
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 31, 2006
- Events Marshal: November 2, 2012 - January 2015
- The Most Resilient Gray - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2008
- Most Knowledgable to WoT - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2009
- Most Entertaining in RL - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Least Like a Book Gray - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2012
- The Sevlana Award - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2013
- Gray Guide
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2005 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2012 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Dragon*Con 2012 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Senior Member Interview
January 30, 2011
- Why did you choose Gray?
I've always been a Gray, in my other Tower I've been a Gray and I've been one for so long that to be anything else seems alien. In that Tower I went Gray out of respect for a friendship I made there when I was a Novice. The woman that was my MoN is just an amazing person so when I was raised I shocked everyone by going Gray and not Green.
- Are you like the Grays in the Books?
In an odd way yes, I've been involved with real life groups and for whatever reason whenever there is friction between people they usually come to me, both sides even, for advice and whatnot. It's strange.
- Do you love politics and do you like to discuss a lot?
No, anymore I find the political system to be broken and it enrages me so I don't pay a great deal of attention my blood pressure is high enough as it is.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
It was fun I love being around people who read and like similar things.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
since Nov of 2004
- What things do you do for TV.net?
You mean besides lurk?
- How did you get to read the Series?
My hubby got me to read it when we were still dating. He bought EotW when it first came out and started to read it and then got me to read it because he said I reminded him of Moiraine.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
I'd have to say it's a tie between Siuan and Moiraine. Favorite nation well I like the Two Rivers area.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I attended my first RL function two days after I joined the CO group got together for a night out. I've always tried to attend Anni it's wonderful to be able to put an actual face with a name. Granted I look very much like my avatar but I'm a rarity as far as that goes.
- What kind of music do you like?
I like all sorts of music anything from ancient Roman stuff to medieval stuff to death metal. I'm not fond of hip hop or country and I can only take so much opera.
- What job do you have?
While I would dearly love to have a different job right now I'm a cashier at a deli.
- Do you have a pet?
Two dogs, Rand and Denali, Shadow the african Gray parrot, Tess and Gypsy the doves and my fish.
- What languages do you speak?
English, I do olde english quite well, I know some German and a few words in Swedish. I used to be quite good at Klingon but I lack someone to speak it with so not so good anymore the same with OT.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
- Lanfear or Moghedien?
- Seanchan or Shara?
- Candles or lamps?
- Party or lounging at home?
Depends on the reason for the party LOL.
- A short bio about yourself.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. Oh wait ... you mean me ... I hate these sorts of questions. I was born in Albuquerque lived there until I was in my 30's then ended up in Colorado. I've spent my whole life with the exception of the one year in Arizona in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains. I've flown in hot air balloons, taught people to sword fight, strapped on plate mail and kicked the crap out of others ... I've been to the bottom of the Grand Canyon on foot some of the back trails are really magnificent! I've got two kids both early teenagers and a house full of books, weapons and armor. If you really want to know anything else all you have to do is ask. Granted you might get an Aes Sedai answer but I will always answer. How's that?