The Dragon Reborn
|The Dragon Reborn|
|Cover Artist||Darrell K. Sweet|
|Series||The Wheel of Time (#3)|
|Publication Date||15 October 1991|
|Pages||624 (U.S. Hardback edition)|
|Preceded by||The Great Hunt|
|Followed by||The Shadow Rising|
The audiobook, narrated by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading, was published by Audio Renaissance in 1997.
Rand travels to Tear, where the infamous "Sword that is not a sword" might prove that he is the Dragon Reborn. Perrin and Moiraine follow him there, while Mat, Egwene, and Nynaeve also end up in Tear. Read a brief plot summary here: Brief Plot Summary.
The plot to the Dragon Reborn can be split into several major parts: In Tar Valon, Journey to Tear, Perrin's Journey, and Inside the Stone. Read the whole plot summary here: Plot Summary.
The volunteers at TarValon.Net have written very extensive summaries of each chapter in the book. Feel free to go through them here:
For a list of all the characters that appear in the Dragon Reborn, check:
For a timeline of the events in this book, please see The Dragon Reborn Timeline.
- The Bulgarian edition was first released in 1999 by BARD publishing house (ИК "БАРД"), translated by Valerii Russinov (Валерий Русинов). There is no audiobook in Bulgarian.
- The Norwegian edition was first realeased in 1998 by Tiden Norsk Forlag AS and translated by Jens Erik Røsåsen.
Titles in Other Languages
- Bulgarian - Prerodenijat Drakon - Прероденият Дракон
- Norwegian (issued in two volumes):
- Dragens flukt (The Dragon's Escape)
- Den gjenfødte dragen (The Dragon Reborn)
- Serbian - Ponovorođeni zmaj
- Swedish (issued in two volumes):
- Drakens flykt (The Flight of the Dragon)
- Tears klippa (The Stone of Tear)