From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kayla Tari
Bera Harkin is an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah who sides with the Salidar Aes Sedai. She has three Warders. She was sent to find the Dragon Reborn with Kiruna and her four Warders as protection against the Aiel (TFoH, Ch. 27).
She is a sturdy woman with short dark hair, light brown eyes, a square face, and ample hips (ACoS, Ch. 2). If she wasn't Aes Sedai she would look like a farmwife. Bera is Andoran and she thinks that Rand should be leashed for the safety of Andor and the world (LoC, Ch. 49).
- Bera is sent to the Aiel Waste to find Rand al'Thor. She has been suggested for the job by Beonin, one of the leaders of the Salidar Aes Sedai (TFoH, Ch. 27).
- Bera and Kiruna follow the rumors about Rand being in Caemlyn and go there. They join the Salidar embassy lead by Merana (LoC, Ch. 49).
- Bera and Kiruna take the leadership of the group when Rand sends a letter telling them that he is leaving Caemlyn for Cairhien (LoC, Ch. 49).
- Bera and Kiruna decide to follow Rand, leaving Demira, Valinde, Kairen, and Berenicia to take the Two Rivers girls to Salidar (LoC, Ch. 49).
- There's a great battle at Dumai's Wells, in which Bera takes part. Rand gets free and makes the Aes Sedai swear fealty to him (LoC, Ch. 44).
- Cadsuane shows up searching for information and questions Bera and the other Aes Sedai (ACoS, Ch. 19).
- Rand is wounded by Fain and taken to the Sun Palace. Bera shows up for a little while when he awakens (ACoS, Ch. 36; Ch. 41).
- The Wise Ones have given a day off to Bera, Faeldrin, and Merana. They meet with Cadsuane, Daigian, and Kumira (TPoD, Ch. 12).
- Alanna is sent to Cairhien with orders for Bera and other Aes Sedai to go to Haddon Mirk (WH, Ch. 32).
- Bera meets Rand in the Stone to tell him that Sunamon, Tolmeran, and the rest are on the way to Tear and that the rebels have agreed to end the rebellion if Rand will restore their land and titles and make Darlin king (KoD, Ch. 21).
- Bera is near to Alanna's room when she disappears from the Stone of Tear. She claims she felt channeling but not enough for a gateway (ToM, Ch. 12).
- She fights with the other Aes Sedai sworn to Rand outside Shayol Ghul and Heals Aviendha after she fights Duhara, Falion and Hessalam (AMoL, Ch. 23).
Bera has sworn an oath of fealty to Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn. This is in return for not keeping the agreement about the number of the Aes Sedai from the Salidar embassy allowed to follow Rand to Cairhien, and because Rand feels that he can't trust Aes Sedai any more (LoC, Ch. 55).
Although she is not one of those Cadsuane has cultivated, she fetches tea when Caduane asks for tea (ToM, Ch. 12).
Min has a viewing about Bera and Kiruna. "A brownish yellow and deep purple aura. It's the aura. Blood, death, the One Power, those two women and you, all in the same place at the same time" (LoC, Ch. 49).
Bera is one of the five Aes Sedai (Alanna, Bera, Faeldrin, Merana, and Rafela) Min says Rand holds in the palm of his hand (ACoS, Ch. 34).
"He should be leashed," Bera agreed in a flat tone, "and before he can do more damage to Andor." She was Andoran. "The sooner, the better, I say." (About Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 49)
"I am Bera Harkin, and this is Kiruna Nachiman. We came to rescue you -- with Alanna's aid" -- that was an obvious addition, at Alanna's sudden frown -- "though it seems you had small need of us. Still, intentions do count, and --" (To Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 55)
"The oath we took," Bera said at last, planting her hands, on her ample hips, "is sufficient to hold anyone but a Darkfriend." The twist she gave to "oath" was almost as bleak as the one she gave "Darkfriend." No, they did not like what they had sworn to. "Do you dare to accuse us?" (A Crown of Swords, Chapter 2)
"I cannot understand why you keep coming back, Cadsuane. Clearly, you want something from us, but unless you tell us what it is, we cannot help you. We know what you did for the Lord Dragon" -- she stumbled a little over the title; they still were not quite sure what to call the boy -- "but it's obvious you came to Cairhien because of him, and until you tell us why and what you intend, you must understand that you'll find no aid from us." (To Cadsuane, The Path of Daggers, Chapter 12)