From Tar Valon Library
Author: Leora Oldessroth
Bruan is the clan chief of the Nakai Aiel (TSR, Ch. 49; TFoH, Ch. 2); he is of the Salt Flat sept (LoC, Ch. 4). He is big and strong enough to be a blacksmith but has a placid nature; he has gray eyes (TFoH, Ch. 2). Rhuarc considers him to be "a deadly fighter and a devious tactician" (TFoH, Ch. 2).
- Bruan travels to Alcair Dal to hear the announcement that Rand is the Car'a'carn; Seana tells Rand that Bruan means to run all the way from Shiagi Hold so he will be there in less than a month -- the normal amount of time it takes to reach Alcair Dal from his home (TSR, Ch. 49). Rhuarc is sure that Bruan will support Rand (TSR, Ch. 49).
- Bruan recognizes Rand as the Car'a'carn and helps him plot how to convince the rest of the Aiel that he really is He Who Comes With the Dawn; Bruan is sure that the Daryne and the Codarra will come to Rand (TFoH, Ch. 2).
- Bruan does not think that Couladin will attack Rand at Alcair Dal but his scouts report that Couladin's numbers are growing (TFoH, Ch. 2).
- Rand tells Bruan and the other clan chiefs that they can take the fifth when they enter Cairhien but they cannot take any food whatsoever or anything over the fifth (TFoH, Ch. 23).
- Rand and the clan chiefs, including Bruan, hold one final, brief meeting before dawn on the day they attack the Shaido (TFoH, Ch. 43).
- Rand meets with Aiel and Tairen forces, including Bruan, to plan his attack on Sammael; Roidan, a Salt Flat Nakai, tells Rand that Bruan and the other clan chiefs have been excluded from the Tairens' planning sessions (LoC, Ch. 4).