From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kayla Tari
- Delana enters with others Aes Sedai into the room where Nynaeve has Healed Logain to see what is going on (LoC, Ch. 30).
- Siuan wants Delana to help her convince Sheriam to let her join in their meeting with the Wise Ones in Tel'aran'rhiod. Delana agrees (LoC, Ch. 30).
- A novice, Lucilde, introduces Halima Saranov to Delana (LoC, Ch. 30). Halima is officially Delana's secretary.
- Delana is ordered by Halima to support all the different factions and to push for gentling or killing Logain (LoC, Ch. 37).
- Halima brings a note to Egwene from Delana with which she informs Egwene that she's declaring Elaida Black Ajah before the hall (ACoS, Ch. 12).
- Delana and Halima have a close conversation on the way back to the camp. Delana votes yes for the war (TPoD, Ch. 19).
- Egwene wins before the Hall. She declares war on Elaida. Delana vomits (TPoD, Ch. 19).
- Delana speaks to Egwene about some Sitters who want to negotiate with the White Tower (CoT, Ch. 16).
- Delana votes no for the alliance with the Black Tower, but the lesser consensus holds and she stands for the greater consensus (CoT, Ch. 19).
- When Jahar informs the Hall that a woman channeling saidin killed Eben and that a man had tried to listen in on the proceedings, Romanda remembers the link between Cabriana, Anaiya, and Kairen and that Halima was supposedly close to Cabriana. Romanda orders Delana and Halima arrested. Delana has left the camp, though, last seen with Halima and her serving girl heading to the Travelling grounds (KoD, Ch. 23).
- Egwene sees Delana's name on the list of Black Ajah members (TGS, Ch. 39).
- The Grays have already replaced Delana in the Hall by the time Egwene returns (TGS, Ch. 45).
Strengths and Talents
She is now much stronger than Siuan, though Siuan used to be the stronger (LoC, Ch. 30).
Delana is afraid of Aran'gar, also known as Halima Saranov. Delana wants to kill her but she's afraid that she might be the one to die instead (LoC, Ch. 30).
Delana was Siuan's friend before she was raised to Amyrlin. They were novice and Accepted together (LoC, Ch. 30).
Egwene is grateful to Delana, for she allows Halima to spare so much time for her headaches (TPoD, Ch. 19).
- Delana is more concerned about neatness and accuracy than speed when having her notes copied, and she demands extremely neat copying from Accepted like Nynaeve (LoC, Ch. 12).
- Delana is one of the younger nine of the Salidar Sitters (LoC, Ch. 35).
- Many people disapprove of Delana's "secretary" (ACoS).
- Egwene discuss Delana's intentions with her Council. Carlinya thinks she wants to promote strife among the Ajahs. Morvrin thinks she might be trying to sway some of the Sitters on an issue that is important to her. They talk about how to stop her (CoT, Ch. 17).
"Don't sulk," Delana snapped. "And don't fidget." (To Nynaeve; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 12)
"Who do you think you are, woman? However high you think you stand, none stand higher than Aes Sedai. And where did you learn that sign?" (To Halima; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 30)
"Don't you understand? If I continue to try supporting every faction, they will catch me out sooner or later!" (To Halima; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 37)
"You may be sure that any advice one of them gives you comes straight from the head of her Ajah, and as you know, the head of an Ajah and its Sitters don't always see eye to eye. Listening too closely could put you at odds with the Hall. Not every decision concerns the war, remember, but you will surely want some of those to go your way." (To Egwene; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 16)