Director of Membership
Director of Membership is an Executive level position. The goal of this position is to administrate and lead the Department of Membership, which focuses on the internal needs and morale of our registered members.
Position Level: Executive
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
To contact the Director of Membership, email email@example.com. If you are a member of one of our membership groups, prioritize contacting your immediate Admin of that group, instead of contacting the Director. If you are a returning member and would like to have forum access back, you may email the Director of Membership.
Chain of Command
The Director of Membership reports directly to the Cordamora.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead a large team of membership admins, including hiring and supporting them and their groups.
- Liaise between Cordamora and membership administrators to facilitate discussions on maintaining and/or improving overall membership satisfaction.
- Perform administrative duties pertaining to facilitating members' experience within our community including encouragement, moderation, having a voice in discipline, and paperwork.
- Have frequent interaction with site members on the forums and Discord, helping to ensure there are active threads and to be recognizable as well as accessible.
- Be a super moderator of the message boards with the ability to moderate all forums as needed. As such, must opt in to every optional forum.
- Work with the Cordamora, Director of Online Events, and Tower Mediators, as well as the entire Executive team across departmental lines to maintain and improve our internally facing community experience. This includes attending quarterly meetings, joining group chats, brainstorming ideas and processes to improve or at least maintain an appreciable level of member satisfaction, etc.
- Check the Director's email and forums daily in order to provide quick responses.
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion are absolutely crucial in this position, as you'll be privy to information and decisions that other members are not. You will be trusted with being able to see all of the forums on our boards, as well as access to private information about members and their interactions.
- Able and willing to provide at least 15-20 hours per week.
- Must currently be a Tower Sworn in good standing with a tenure of at least one year.
- Must have experience in a Membership position (this includes all administrative positions and all staff positions such as Hall members, Hearts, Honor Guards, and other in-Ajah/Company positions) or have real life experience that directly pertains to this Department's function.
- Ability to be objective and fair during discussions with the mediators related to membership issues and conflict resolution, as well as knowing when to recuse from these discussions.
- Strong familiarity with the Membership Manual and our community processes.
- Willingness to become familiar with the Code of Conduct, Mediation Guide, and Accountability Guide.
- Preferred, but not required:
- Experience using Xenforo (our forum software), or moderation tools would be helpful.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Supervisory experience either online or in real life.
Directors of the Department of Membership
- Roheryn ni Galghandhrei t'al'Djinn: November 12, 2022 - present