Master/Mistress of Novices and Recruits
The Master/Mistress of Novices and Recruits is an Admin position in the Department of Membership. The position focuses on handling all aspects of Novice and Recruit life in the Tower and provides counsel when requested to the Director of Membership and the Officers.
Department: Department of Membership
Position Level: Administrator
Rotation: 18 month rotation
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
The Master/Mistress of Novices and Recruits reports directly to the Director of Membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides counsel to the administration as needed.
- Keeps track of where Novices and Recruits are at and sends raising packets as necessary.
- Provides the first line of defense when membership problems with Novices and Recruits arise.
- Works with the Director and other membership admins when inter-group problems arise.
- Moderates the two forums associated with Novices and Recruits.
- Moderates the usergroups associated with Novices and Recruits.
- Builds morale and activity for the Novices and Recruits and within the Novice and Recruit Halls.
- Works to coordinate plans to celebrate community-wide festivals and freedays.
- Writes quarterly reports to the Director, Keeper, and Amyrlin Seat regarding the Novices and Recruits.
- Any other possible responsibility that deals with Novices and Recruits.
- Knowledge of the Bylaws and Membership Manual are a plus; if you don't know them, you will learn them.
- Must be able to use tact, diplomacy, and discretion, as the role is privy to information that normal members are not.
- Must be willing to serve in the role for a full 18 month term.
- Must be a Senior Member for at least six months.
The need for a position overseeing all first tier Junior Members arose after the implementation of integrated community groups in January 2015. At that time, it was decided that the current Mistress of Revels and Mistress of Novices would complete their terms.
Master/Mistresses of Novices and Recruits
- Qamra Daielin: June 3, 2020 - present