From Tar Valon Library
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Kerene Nagashi was an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Karile and Stepin (NS, Ch. 7). Kerene has worn the shawl for a very long time (NS, Ch. 7), and no one has come to the Tower who can match her or Meilyn Arganya's strength in the Power in almost six hundred years (NS, Ch. 17).
She is tall and slim, with a strong and beautiful face, and has nearly black eyes that are like pools of serenity. Her hair is black touched with white, and is cut very short. She enjoys doing needlework (NS, Ch. 7).
Kerene is known for her strict adherence to the law, no matter what her feelings are. She seldom remains long in the Tower before setting out again (NS, Ch. 7).
- Kerene is doing needlework when Moiraine arrives with a message from Tamra. Immediately after reading the message, Kerene and her Warders go to see the Amyrlin (NS, Ch. 7).
- Kerene gives Moiraine private lessons on Artur Hawkwing's empire (NS, Ch. 8).
- Kerene leaves the Tower on the hunt for the Dragon Reborn (NS, Ch. 14).
- Kerene is murdered by the Black Ajah (NS, Ch. 18).
- here is a red, gold and black lacquered sword on Kerene's door (NS, Ch. 7).
- There are tapestries of war and hunting in Kerene's rooms (NS, Ch. 7).
- Most of the wall space in Kerene's rooms is given over to bookshelves that are carved in the styles of over half a dozen countries. They hold a few books, as well as a large lion's skull and an even bigger bear skull, glazed bowls, vases in odd shapes, daggers adorned with gems and gold, daggers with plain wooden hilts, a blacksmith's hammer with the head split in two, a cracked wooden bowl that holds a single fat firedrop, a gilded barrel clock with the hands frozen just before noon or midnight, a steel-backed gauntlet stained with what looks like blood, and some painted miniatures (NS, Ch. 7).
- She had three sisters and two brothers (NS, Ch. 7).
- She always toys with one of her knives while teaching, using it as a pointer (NS, Ch. 8).
"Tamra wants me urgently, but she doesn't say why." (Kerene to her Warders; New Spring, Chapter 7).
"If you want to talk of rumors, make them rumors of Hawkwing. The Light knows, half what we have of him is rumor." (Kerene to Moiraine; New Spring, Chapter 8).