From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Tuon ordered Lidya to tell her fortune and the damane did as she was commanded. Lidya told Tuon, “Beware the fox that makes the ravens fly, for he will marry you and carry you away. Beware the man who remembers Hawkwing’s face, for he will marry you and set you free. Beware the man of the red hand, for him you will marry and none other” (KoD, Ch. 36). Tuon disliked what she heard and had Lidya caned. She regretted it the next day and ordered the sul’dam to give her lionheart for the pain and sweet custard as a treat (WH, Ch. 14).
Lidya has red hair and freckles (WH, Ch. 14).
- 1000 NE: Tuon has Lidya caned after she reads Tuon’s fortune (WH, Ch. 14).
- 1000 NE: Lidya is included in the group of Seanchan looking for Tuon after she disappears (CoT, Ch. 4).
- 1000 NE: Lidya accompanies Tuon back to the Tarasin Palace (KoD, Ch. 36).
- All of the sul’dam are fond of Lidya (WH, Ch. 14).
- Lidya is a very good damane (WH, Ch. 14).
- Lidya has the talent of Foretelling (WH, Ch. 14).
- Lidya knows the weaves for Healing (KoD, Ch. 25).
“Lidya had been responsible for her anger last night. No, she had caused it, but Tuon herself was responsible for her own emotions. She had commanded the damane to read her fortune, and she should not have ordered her caned because she disliked what she heard.” (Tuon about Lidya; Winter's Heart, Chapter 14)