On Monday, November 9, 2015, Martele d'Acre, Gaidin of Val'Cueran, passed away due to complications from surgery.
|Real Name||George Martele|
|Join Date||April 11, 2006|
|Bonded to||Muerandah d'Acre|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: April 11, 2006
- Joined Tower: June 14, 2007
- Raised Soldier: October 14, 2007
- Raised Gaidin: May 22, 2008
- Amyrlin's Award: Co-Philanthropist of the Year - 2007
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Dragon*Con 2006 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dragon*Con 2007 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - Hosted Opening Ceremony
- Dragon*Con 2008 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dragon*Con 2009 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dragon*Con 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Fall Ball 2008 - Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Fall Ball 2009 - Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Local Events Function Attendance
- Atlanta, GA 2006 (host)
- Birmingham, AL 2007 (host)
- Birmingham, AL 2008 "Pompeii tour at the museum"
- Atlanta, GA 2009 "King Tut and Chinese Soldier at two museums"
- Hahira, GA 2009
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Val'Cueran?
I guested in other companies of course but Val’Cueran chose me. The moment I saw the old website, the moment I started talking to members of VC, the moment I met VC members in person, I knew I was at home. I kept it private for the most part until I Aspired, but the close friend’s I had already meet at VC knew.
It’s funny. At one local event there were some Aes Sedai and Aspirants to various Ajahs debating on which company I would join and none of them picked VC.
- How was your time as Citizen/Recruit/Soldier?
Citizen: Very much fun. I thought I would probably stay at that level forever. I loved dancing in the tavern and flirting at the tables. I also thoroughly enjoyed the book discussions.
Recruit: It was fun enough I think. We played jokes on each other in the barracks. My barrack mates were around for the most part. However, I think one of them is still asleep with his fingers in a bowl of warm water.
Soldier: This was awesome. I organized a group that conquered The Wall. Plus being able to get back to the city was great. It did lead to spending less time there than as a Citizen and more time in the Soldier’s areas.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
Whatever they ask, but I have no official duties.
- How did you get to read the Series?
I friend gave me the books about the time tDR was released. I didn’t read any more of them until I found this site. So I started over from scratch. I have read the whole series 4 times now.
- Who's your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Probably Gareth Bryne. I like his tenacity. Andor, but the Western part that doesn’t really know it is part of Andor.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Yes, several D*Cons and local events, plus Fall Ball 2008. I enjoyed every one of them. People should definitely attend the events they feel comfortable with, especially the local ones.
- What kind of music do you like?
This, like the next, is a pretty hard question to answer. I like many kinds of music: from hard rock to classical to folk to blue grass.
- What are your favorite movies?
I mostly watch action movies but I like most any kind of movie. I much prefer a movie to a television series.
- What's the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Broke my back picking up a grand piano.
- What job do you have?
- Do you have a pet?
Yes, two dogs.
- What languages do you speak?
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
The one I have now.
- Egeanin or Suroth?
- Shadar Logoth or Manetheren?
- Winter or summer?
- Board games or computer games?
- A short bio about yourself.
Me: vigorous, virile, potent and bald. Oh, you already know I’m VC.
So on to the minor details. Married: Twice. My 1st wife passed away and my 2nd wife is still living. Children: 3 – Boy, Boy, Girl Grandchildren: 7 – Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl, Boy, Boy, Boy Education: B.S. – Auburn University