Renaile din Calon Blue Star
Renaile was the Windfinder to Nesta din Reas (ACoS, Ch. 39) until Nesta was executed by the Seanchan (WH, Ch. 16). As such, her rank was marked by the ten fat gold rings in her earlobes, those in each ear connected by a golden chain and half-hidden (ACoS, Ch. 39). Following Nesta's death, she was required to start again with rank the same as a newly raised apprentice (KoD, Ch. 14). It grated on her pride that to Wavemistresses, she is just another Windfinder (WH, Prologue). She has straight black hair with narrow wings of white.
- She is summoned by Nesta when they make the bargain to use the Bowl with Nynaeve and Elayne (ACoS, Ch. 13).
- She joins the Aes Sedai and Kin in the palace, with around twenty other Sea Folk, including Windfinders and apprentices after the Bowl has been reclaimed (ACoS, Ch. 39).
- She Travels through the gateway Aviendha waves to the Kin's farm (TPoD, Ch. 1). When she sees Aviendha unweave it, she claims such a thing is impossible (TPoD, Ch. 2).
- She chooses the spot to use the Bowl, but is not part of the circle as there are thirteen other women stronger (TPoD, Ch. 5).
- When the Seanchan attack, she tries to weave a gateway to her ship, but is unable (TPoD, Ch. 5).
- She tries to claim an angreal and the Bowl and receives a tongue lashing form Alise in return (TPoD, Ch. 6).
- She Travels with the group to Andor and then to Caemlyn (TPoD, Ch. 6; Ch. 20). On the way, Merilille begins instructing the Windfinders (Ch. 20).
- With Zaida, she confronts Elayne about upholding the bargain (WH, Prologue).
- After Nesta's death, Renaile is reduced to being Chanelle's secretary. Chanelle is quite pleased to witness Renaile's fall (KoD, Ch. 14) .
- With the other Windfinders, she helps rescue Elayne (KoD, Ch. 32).
- She attends a meeting in Tel'aran'rhiod where Egwene proposes an alliance between Aes Sedai, Aiel and Sea Folk (ToM, Ch. 36).
"This is the bargain between you and me. You go where Nynaeve and Elayne want, and in return, I won't tie the lot of you across horses like packsaddles and haul you there!”
It is agreed, under the Light!" "I think I have just made a bargain with a ta'veren," she said in that cool, deep voice. But one day, Master Cauthon, if it pleases the Light, I think you will walk a rope for me." (A Crown of Swords, Chapter 39).
“she fell from a greater height than most, and she should not have been surprised to find her landing hard after so many fingers she trod on while she was-” (Chanelle to Elayne, Knife of Dreams, Chapter 14).