From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Talene and Saerin, Yuriki and Doesine were suspicious of Seaine and Pevara’s peculiar behaviour and found them in a room in the underground levels of the Tower with the Oath Rod. When Saerin realised that Seaine and Pevara were hunting the Black Ajah, Seaine immediately retook the Three Oaths and said she is not Black Ajah. Talene was the only one of the six sisters present who refused to reswear, and so the others concluded that she was Black (TPoD, Ch. 26). They took Talene to the Chair of Remorse and forced her to admit to being Black Ajah. She was also forced to swear a personal oath of obedience to the Sitters present (WH, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Talene passes Seaine in the Tower (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- 1000 NE: Pevara, Seaine, Saerin, Yukiri and Doesine force Talene to admit that she is Black Ajah (WH, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Talene meets with Elaida and some of the other Sitters to show support for the negotiations with the rebels (CoT, Ch. 21).
- 1000 NE: Talene is summoned to a meeting with the Supreme Council of the Black Ajah and, fearing for her life, hides in the basement of the Tower (KoD, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Talene is out of the Tower when the Black Ajah flees following Egwene's raising (TGS, Ch. 46).
- Talene enrolled as a novice when Seaine was an Accepted. This was a few years before 866 NE (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Talene’s parents were farmers (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Talene earned lots of punishments as a novice; she might have been the novice with the most punishments (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Talene and Seaine Herimon used to be friends. Seaine had wanted Talene to help Pevara and her search for the Black Ajah. Pevara fortunately resisted this idea (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Talene believes that Elaida is Black Ajah (WH, Prologue).
- Talene’s Black Ajah heart includes Galina Casban and Temaile Kinderode. Atuan Larisett is Talene’s other contact (CoT, Prologue).
- Once the other Sitters forced her to confess to being Black, Talene was eager to tell them everything she knew. She told them all about the Black Ajah and even some information about the Green Ajah (CoT, Prologue).
- Talene is the most senior of the Green Sitters (CoT, Ch. 21).
- Talene now claims that she has rejected the Shadow and walks in the Light once more (KoD, Prologue).
- Alviarin is suspicious of Talene because she missed her summons to report to the Supreme Council. She, correctly, believes that Yukiri and Doesine have something to do with it. However, she incorrectly believes that Talene has fled the Tower (KoD, Prologue).
“Talene, golden-haired and statuesque and lovely, had stood to depose Siuan, but she had come to the Tower while Seaine was Accepted, and that decision had not affected their long friendship. Talene had had reasons Seaine accepted if not agreed with.” (Seaine about Talene; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 32)
“She refused to reswear the Oath against speaking an untrue word, and it had to be more than stupid Green Ajah pride after we’d all done as much already. When I shielded her, she tried to stab me! Does that shout innocence?” (Pevara about Talene; Winter's Heart, Prologue)
“When they first learned Talene was a Darkfriend, Talene had been a shielded prisoner. And she still scared us spitless, she admitted to herself. Well, what they did to make her confess had scared them spitless at first, but learning the truth turned their tongues to dust.” (Yukiri about Talene, Saerin, Seaine, Pevara and Doesine; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue)
“Last night, Talene received an order to appear tonight before their ‘Supreme Council’… Talene doesn’t think she’s to be honoured or given an assignment… so she begged to be hidden away.” (Yukiri; Knife of Dreams, Prologue)