From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
When Seaine Herimon was ordered to search for the Black Ajah, Pevara was the only sister she trusted enough to ask for help. Pevara, fuelled by her hatred of Darkfriends, agreed to help Seaine (ACoS, Ch. 32). Pevara and Seaine's first suspect was Zerah Dacan. Zerah was questioned by the two Sitters to find out her allegiance; they discovered that while she was not Black, she was a Salidar mole. Seaine and Pevara forced Zerah to swear to obey them on the Oath Rod and made her help them hunt for the Black Ajah (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Saerin, Talene, Yukiri and Doesine noticed Pevara and Seaine's search, though they believed that they were conspiring with the heads of Ajah, and confronted them. It was revealed that they were searching for Black sisters and Talene was revealed as Black in the process (TPoD, Ch. 26). The five Sitters used the Chair of Remorse on Talene to make her confess to being Black. With Talene under their command - she, like Zerah, swore to obey them on the Oath Rod - Pevara and the other Sitters continued to hunt for the Black Ajah (WH, Prologue). Talene revealed her ‘one other’ to be Atuan Larisett and the hunt went on from there (KoD, Prologue).
- C. Unknown: Pevara's entire family is murdered by longtime friends, who were Darkfriends, in Kandor (AMoL, Ch. 3).
- C. 850 NE: Pevara is raised to the shawl (WH, Prologue).
- C. 850 NE: Pevara serves a penance shortly after she is raised for saying that she wished she could bond a Warder (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- 984 NE: Pevara becomes a Sitter (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- 1000 NE: Seaine tells Pevara that she is hunting the Black Ajah and asks for her help (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- 1000 NE: Pevara and Seaine questions Zerah Dacan to see if she is Black Ajah. She is not, but is a Salidar mole and so they get her to reveal her secrets (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- 1000 NE: Saerin, Yukiri, Talene and Doesine realise that Pevara and Seaine are hunting the Black Ajah. Talene is exposed as being Black (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- 1000 NE: Pevara, Seaine, Saerin, Yukiri and Doesine use the Chair of Remorse on Talene to make her confess to being Black (WH, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara and Saerin convince Yukiri that the Salidar moles should not be turned in but used to hunt the Black Ajah (CoT, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara and Tarna talk about Red sisters bonding the Asha'man to keep them under control (CoT, Ch. 22).
- 1000 NE: Pevara meets with Tsutama and Javindhra; she is ordered to organise the bonding of the Asha'man (KoD, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara nearly walks into Egwene (KoD, Ch. 24).
- 1000 NE: Pevara searches for Red sisters who would be willing to bond several Asha’man (KoD, Epilogue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara Travels to the Black Tower to approach Taim about bonding Asha’man. She gets his permission (KoD, Epilogue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara is replaced during her extended absence (ToM, Ch. 27).
- 1000NE: She realises that Taim is not going to let the Aes Sedai go, but cannot convince Tarna pr Javindhra to escape. She realises something is wrong with Tarna (ToM, Ch. 53).
- 1000NE: She tries to leave the Black Tower but cannot make the weave for a gateway work (ToM, Ch. 53).
Strengths and Talents
Pevara is weak in Earth (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Pevara is stronger than Seaine and Doesine. She is the same in strength as Saerin and Yukiri (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Pevara and Seaine were once good friends. They were novices and Accepted together. Pevara was forced to end their friendship when they gained the shawl because the Red Ajah discouraged friends outside the Ajah. Despite this, Pevara was the only sister that Seaine trusted enough to ask for help with the search for the Black Ajah (ACoS, Ch. 32).
Pevara is never upset by Saerin's frequent displays of anger (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Yukiri believed that Pevara and Seaine were pillow friends (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Unlike most Reds, Pevara does not hate men. In fact, she believes that the Ajah's work would be easier if the Red sisters had Warders (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Before they gained the shawl, Pevara and Seaine used to play pranks. They once dusted Serancha's shift with itchoak (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Pevara chose to join the Red Ajah because she thought that it would help her track down Darkfriends (ACoS, Ch. 32). Pevara lost her family * including her youngest brother, Georg * during an uprising by Darkfriends and she wanted revenge (CoT, Ch. 22). Despite this, Seaine believes that Pevara would have been happier as a Green (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Pevara is very loyal to the Red Ajah (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- When she could afford them, Pevara had a painter paint pictures of her dead family for ivory miniatures (CoT, Ch. 22).
- Pevara has great strength of will that borders on stubbornness (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Pevara is far tougher than she looks (WH, Prologue).
- Pevara wants to hunt down every last Black sister personally (WH, Prologue).
- Pevara has often been called unconventional (CoT, Ch. 22).
- Pevara likes to drink her tea with ginger (CoT, Ch. 22).
- Pevara is the daughter of a butcher (KoD, Prologue).
- Now that she is hunting the Black Ajah, Pevara is suspicious of everything and everybody (KoD, Prologue).
Points of View
- Points of View Chapters
- A Crown of Swords: Chapters
- The Path of Daggers: Chapters
- Winter's Heart: Chapters
- Knife of Dreams: Chapters
- The Gathering Storm: Chapters
- Towers of Midnight: Chapters
- A Memory of Light: Chapters 21
"It was sad that she had chosen Red, no matter how good her reasons, because she still liked men." Seaine about Pevara (A Crown of Swords, Chapter 32).
"They are rebels, and I intend to hold them so hard they squeak if one of them so much as has a wrong thought!" Pevara to Seaine about the Salidar moles (The Path of Daggers, Chapter 26).
"Pevara had tried to maintain that Talene must be wrong about Galina Casban, and went into a rage that lasted a full day when she finally was convinced that her Red sister was really Black. She still spoke of strangling Galina with her own hands." Yukiri about Pevara (Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue).