The Editor is a staff role in the Department of Research and Records. They are responsible for proofreading and fixing mistakes and inconsistencies throughout all Wheel of Time articles in the TarValon.Net library.
Position Level: Staff
Department: Department of Research and Records
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Editing Merit
Chain of Command
The Editors report directly to the Director of Research and Records.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Editors are the people responsible to edit the writers' copy of all Wheel of Time articles in the Library (book or television series). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adherence to the Manual of Style for consistency throughout the articles
- Finding articles that need copy editing or restructuring
- Researching the books when references are missing or incorrect
- Must check-in with the Department Director occasionally or whenever a project is finished
- Must be a member of at least one month and be of Citizen rank or higher.
- Must know Wiki formatting or be willing to learn. A wiki account will be created for you and you will be expected to supply an email address.
To get credit for the Editing merit and be considered as an active editor, you will need to make edits to at least 20 pages in three months.
- Must be knowledgeable of the English language or be willing to advance their knowledge, since it is a big part of the editing process.
- Must know how to follow a Manual of Style, since it is a big part of the editing process.
The Editors were an official staff position in the Department of Research in the past. However, it was decided that to give editors more freedom to do their own edits, the position will cease to be official, and editors will make edits whenever time allows.
After the Library's ageing and evolving, the need for more structured editing became obvious, and the position was once again introduced as an official staff position in the Department of Research and Records.
- Arella Mathara: July 2, 2022 - present
- Arinna Katal: July 19, 2022 - present
- Blythe Alawdin: August 25, 2022 - present
- Dianna Melear: July 1, 2022 - present
- Elia LePhant: October 11, 2022 - present
- Lithiel Morn: August 20, 2022 - present
- Zoul a'Nor: November 2, 2022 - present
- Tallan Daar: July 2, 2022 - November 4, 2022