|Birthday||March 20, 1994|
|Title||Mistress of Novices and Recruits|
|Join Date||August 27, 2011|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: August 27, 2011
- Joined Tower: November 30, 2011
- Raised Accepted: May 20, 2014
- Aspired to the Yellow Ajah: January 28, 2015
- Raised Aes Sedai: September 29, 2015
- Editor: August 20, 2022 - present
- Mistress of Novices and Recruits: November 21, 2021 - present
- The Tea Brewer of the Yellow Ajah: October 1, 2021 - present
- Tea Cozy of the Yellow Ajah: March 21, 2018 - present
- Oolongese of the Yellow Ajah: June 3, 2015 - present
- Sitter for the Yellow Ajah:
- Library Editor: March 29, 2015 - July 10, 2019
- Welcoming Committee:
- April 4, 2018 - December 1, 2018 - Greeter Specialization
- January 6, 2015 - June 30, 2015 - Scribe Specialization
- June 30, 2014 - January 6, 2015
- January 1, 2014 - June 30, 2014
- Education and Employment/ Home and Garden/ Health and Fitness /Sports Fanatics/ Entertainment Forum Moderator: July 15, 2017 - January 26, 2018
- Head of the Yellow Ajah: April 1, 2016 - November 9, 2017
- Olde Warder and Hen Forum Moderator: July 2, 2015 - July 15, 2017
- Heart of the Yellow Ajah: October 17, 2015 - March 31, 2016
- Amyrlin's Award: Unsung Servant - 2016
- Members' Choice Award: Member You’d Most Like to Meet in Real Life - 2016
- Members' Choice Award: Outstanding Aes Sedai Involvement - 2017
- Members' Choice Award: Best Avatar - 2017
Other Tower Relationships
- Lil Sis to Idine Espanyas
- Sponsored into the Tower by Iteran al'Wahid and Mhór Rioghain Blathnaid
- Sponsored Polegnyn Nemeara, Cahr Ystian, and Jocasta Braithe into the Tower
Official Event Attendance
- Euro Party 2016 - Ølbergtunet, Stavanger, Norway
- Euro Party 2018 - Schmitten, Germany
- Euro Party 2019 - Belgrade, Serbia
Senior Member Interview
October 2, 2015
- Why did you choose Yellow?
Being faced with this question makes me realise that my own answer heavily mirrors the answers I have heard from other Aes Sedai who have had to deal with the same question. Before I aspired, I accepted all of those answers such as “It felt like home, it’s where I felt the most comfortable, where I could be myself with little to no reservations”, etc. with a grain of salt, as they were rather vague to me at the time, considering it took me quite a bit of time to connect those particular feelings to a specific Ajah.
However, now that I have found my home, all those answers do make sense and they are a given, so to speak, when you choose an Ajah as your home. I do feel most comfortable in Yellow, in the sense that I can very easily share all the other parts of my life with the people there, without overthinking what they would think about me and whatnot. They accept me and make me feel like a part of a family that is always there if need be or not. It felt as though they were genuinely interested in getting to know me, and letting me get to know them in return. They made me feel cozy, and warm, and like I would always have a place among them, that they are never quite too far away.
What also drew me, I guess, is the feeling that I personally had guesting with them – the feeling that I did not really have in other Ajahs, at least not this completely. It is a feeling of belonging, in which you do not have to cut any corners to make it fit what you need and what you are.
- Are you like the Yellows in the Books? Do you care for people and love to heal things?
For the former, not entirely. For the latter, I would say so. I am nowhere near an actual medical field, so I am not an expert at physically healing, but I do as much as I can in that regard; otherwise, I believe that the very least I can do is listen to someone, and if I have anything to say that might help, then even better.
- Do you have a favorite Yellow Ajah character from the novels?
Since I am absolutely terrible at picking a single thing and dubbing it as my favourite… In every book, there were parts and characters that I would have rather skipped, but also those I absolutely loved. Even though I tend to disagree sometimes with the narrow-mindedness of some book Yellows, and the general way they go about certain things, I still like the concepts of their characters; it was always fascinating reading about Nynaeve, for example, or Romanda, and their thought processes.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Not all that long - I believe it was since my first year of high school, so 2008, 2009?
- How did you first get into the series?
Theolyn Maryash Sedai of the Red Ajah has been one of my closest friends for around seven years now. She introduced me to the Wheel of Time in our first year of high school, and I took to it immediately.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
As previously mentioned, I am really bad at this "favourite" thing, haha. Everything has its good sides and its bad sides that make it difficult for me to decide, especially since I tend to find a lot of the characters interesting. Though I will admit I have a bit of a soft spot for Perrin. And Moiraine.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Outside of the Forsaken, I cannot really say. The Forsaken themselves are brilliant each in their own way. I love Semirhage and the way she turns her knowledge of Healing completely around.
- Favorite book and scene?
With a series that massive, I cannot say without writing a novel on its own. >.> Perhaps I will revisit this interview during my rereads and mark down a few of my well-loved scenes.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
The concept of the One Power is one I wish existed here on Earth, so I reckon I would love to be an Aes Sedai, either of the Yellow or of the Brown Ajah. The Aiel are a very attractive idea, too, I would definitely not mind that.
- How did you find TarValon.net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
There was a group I joined on Facebook regarding Wheel of Time fans, and Mhór Blathnaid Sedai of the Blue Ajah happened to be there, too. Somehow we got to talking, and she recommended the forums to me. It was a perfect solution to the problem of all things Wheel of Time not existing in our reality. >.> I could join what turned out to be a group of phenomenal people and future lifelong friends, feel like a part of something great, and actually work my way up the ranks and get to serve the community in my own way in return.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I try to do the whole life thing as best I can, haha. I am currently (2015) a student in my final year of university. I study the Swedish language, along with Nordic history and literature; I dabble a bit in general linguistics and teaching, as well.
- Do you have any hobbies?
There are many things I enjoy doing, and even more that I wish I could do, but cannot afford for a myriad of reasons (finances, time, effort, general circumstances...) As it were, I love reading. Alas, the reading material I have had to tackle for high school and university literature classes usually kept me well away from reading what I truly wanted to, and so I am using whatever chance I can get to compensate for all the time lost. I prefer fantasy books, but I do like to branch out, too. I play video games - again, not as many as I'd like because they are expensive in terms of both money and the time I would have to invest in it all. I love (MMO)RPG games, things like Portal, The Elder Scrolls games, World of Warcraft, The Secret World, Witcher, The Sims... I used to train sword fighting (not competitive sports fencing, though, but the medieval kind) for several years, but I had to stop because university got rather overwhelming. I am hoping to continue it sometime soon properly, aside from practicing on my own. There are a lot of things that I would love to learn, like archery, or calligraphy... I would just love to master as many things as I can. I wouldn't mind having some useless skills that make a good party trick and an interesting tidbit of information, like writing backwards, tying my shoes in fifty different knots, or read binary.
I spend a substantial amount of time on the internet, but I do like to make breaks with walks and occasional RL hangouts with friends. (I say friends, I have maybe two or three people I like to see regularly in person.) I would love to travel more and explore and see and feel and experience. Alas, the only thing I can do for now is work to make that a better possibility. Also, I write.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Rock and metal (mainly older but also new-ish) is my default go-to music. Aside from that, I enjoy classical a lot, of all sorts, as well as soundtracks of various video games and movies.
- What are some of your favorite movies/television shows?
Movies: I like horror movies, but also Disney and Pixar ones, and Marvel and DC. Too many to name. Shows: Hannibal, Supernatural, Community, Friends, some anime...
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I am a big fan of Stephen King's, Brandon Sanderson's and Terry Pratchett's works! "Harry Potter" will always have a place in my heart, as well as Tolkien's works.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
You know, I cannot quite recall. It might have been something fickle that changed on a daily basis, including a vet (and then I realised I'd have to be around hurt animals, which makes me want to cry), and a teacher (which I might even end up being). I don't think I wanted to do much when I was a kid, haha.