Moderators are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our forums
Department: Department of Moderators and Operators
Position Level: Admin
Rotation: One year term with an offset six month rotation.
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
Moderators report to the Director of Moderators and Operators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading all the threads and keeping an eye on them
- Archiving threads as necessary,
- Pruning the forums as necessary
- Alerting the Director should an issue arise, and working with the Director (and whoever else in the Administration needs to get involved, usually the Keeper or Director of Membership) to resolve any issues.
- Must have the time to actively read the threads
- Have knowledge of or a willingness to learn phpbb moderation actions.
- Enforcement of Forum Rules: The usual moderator duties of keeping everything civil and enforcing the forum rules and site code of conduct. To do this, you’ll need to read all the threads and keep abreast of the games, as well as who’s coming next, etc. This hiring announcement is being posted only in the Mafia forum for that reason - if you don’t already frequent this forum, this job is probably not for you.
- Logistics: Mafia forum moderators are here to help organize the games, to put everything in order and make sure we don't have five concurrent games and a big ole mess. They're here to manage who's running what when, and to an extent to help make sure everyone who wants to has a chance to play. These positions are collaborative - you’ll need to act in concert with your fellow mod to make sure things come off smoothly. The forum mods also, in consultation with me, set some standards concerning things like what kinds of in-game rules game mods can have (or must have, as in the case of, for instance, defining how LoAs will be dealt with).
- Education: Mafia forum mods are also there as educators, to help guide both players and game mods and to help make sure people have a successful game. They field questions from and offer advice and help to game mods.
- May be any rank, so long as you've been a member of the community for at least 3 months, and
This was formerly a staff position in the Department of Moderators and Operators. At the Spring 2015 Admin Meeting, it was decided it should be an Admin position. At the Summer 2020 Executive meeting, this position was renamed Game Master and moved to the Department of Community Outreach
- Alexstrasz Ruskein: May 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020
- Jocasta Braithe: May 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020
- Thaddius al'Guy: November 15, 2019 - June 30, 2020
- Leira Galene: April 4, 2018 - April 30, 2020
- Zashara Sho'am: October 1, 2017 - November 14, 2019
- Eli Soljourn: July 10, 2017 - April 3, 2018
- Stephen Lightheart: October 4, 2016 - September 30, 2017
- Mychael Ritoryn: May 8, 2016 - July 10, 2017
- Asandra al'Terra: October 1, 2015 - October 4, 2016
- Barmacral Tigana: April 3, 2015 - May 3, 2016
- Eluial Aldaran: March 24, 2014 - September 30, 2015
- Eli Soljourn: March 24, 2014 - April 1, 2015