Master/Mistress of Chat
From Tar Valon Library
The Master/Mistress of Chat was primarily responsible for managing the technical back-end of our IRC channels.
Department: Department of Moderators and Operators
Position Level: Staff
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Pro Bono Merit (IT)
Chain of Command
The Master/Mistress of Chat reported to the Director of Moderators and Operators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the registration for Tower-operated channels.
- Assigning op powers to new ops and those whose op powers have lapsed.
- Maintaining a list of banned users and their identifying information.
- Managing our bots.
- Maintaining chat logs.
- Regular presence in chat.
- At least six months experience as a chat op on this site.
- Working knowledge of IRC back-end functions.
Approximately 5hrs a week not including time in chat.
The title Master/Mistress of Chat was previously an informal title given to the Admin role of IRC Administrator. It was discontinued when Miriya retired and reinstated as a staff position in January 2014.
- Deoan Kakarot: January 5, 2014 - October 9, 2020
- Miriya ay'Anne: November 22, 2007 - December 31, 2011