Author: Ilissa al'Nari
The full name was not recorded in the main series, but was given in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Siuan remembers her as a strict teacher (TFoH, Ch. 27). Elayne comments that she is not easily scared (TFoH, Ch. 50) and even after a more than merely uncomfortable meeting with one of the living nightmares of Tel'aran'rhiod she is as stolid as ever (LoC, Ch. 7) Along with the other sisters in Sheriam's council she has as much sway than most Sitters, though not in the Hall itself (ACoS, Ch. 8). She does not like having to obey Siuan's orders (CoT, Ch. 30).
- As one of the council of six around Sheriam, she partakes in the questioning of Siuan and Leane when the two arrive Salidar, and she is the last to accept that Siuan be allowed to hold on to her eyes-and-ears. In the same meeting she suggests Sheriam as the Amyrlin of the Tower in Salidar, but agrees with Siuan and Leane's reasoning that it might be better to choose someone not included in the disagreement when Siuan was deposed (TFoH, Ch. 27). She is present when the council agrees with Gareth Bryne, who arrives during the meeting with Siuan and Leane, that he shall be the general of their army (TFoH, Ch. 28).
- When Elayne and Nynaeve come to Salidar, she and the rest of the council question them. Morvrin is somewhat stunned by Elayne's claim that she might be able to make ter'angreal and that Elayne and Nynaeve has been in Tel'aran'rhiod (TFoH, Ch. 50). They - the council - make Elayne and Nynaeve teach them the workings of Tel'aran'rhiod, but they aren't very successful there. They have taken over the meetings with the Aiel Wise Ones (TFoH, Ch. 54).
- Morvrin, the rest of the council, Elayne, Nynaeve, Siuan and Leane, go into Tel'aran'rhiod to try and find out what happens in Tar Valon and what Elaida is up to. Morvrin has read up on Tel'aran'rhiod and asks many questions, but when Nynaeve tries to lecture the sisters on the dangers of Tel'aran'rhiod she puts her down hard. When they stand in the Amyrlin's study Elaida dreams herself into their midst, and Morvrin is the one who insists that they should press on with what they are there to do instead of allowing themselves to stand around like scared sheep. Together with Anaiya and Carlinya she goes to the Keeper's study to see what they can learn there, but just like them she is pulled into a 'living nightmare' with Trollocs. Elayne and Siuan allow themselves to be dragged in as well, and make the others remember that the nightmare is only there as long as they accept that it is there. After they get out of it Morvrin - like most of the others - is badly hurt, but she still takes charge; allowing Siuan to stay, ordering Elayne to come back with them and soothing the other sisters (LoC, Ch. 7)
- When Tarna Feir, a Red who is sent as a messenger from Elaida, arrives in Salidar, she and the rest of the council knows what her message is even if the Hall keeps everything close, and they also have a meeting - that Nynaeve hears the last of - with the Red in which she agrees to bring their message to Elaida, before discussing what they shall do with "the biddable child." (LoC, Ch. 12)
- She is disbelieving when Elayne and Nynaeve tells her and the rest of Sheriam's council of the Bowl of the Winds just after Tarna Feir leaves,and is very cool when Nynaeve bursts out with their wish to go find the bowl themselves, telling them that even if they had been full sisters she would have made sure they remained in Salidar to study more and that since they are Accepted there is no way at all they are going, and after sending the two Accepted to scrub cauldrons for not watching their mouths, she admits to being afraid of what Rand al'Thor might do (LoC, Ch. 15).
- She comes with Sheriam after Nynaeve succeeds in Healing Logain and is one of the sisters who remains to shield him (LoC, Ch. 30). She is present with the rest of the council and Siuan when she summons Egwene to meet with the Hall of the Tower in Salidar (LoC, Ch. 32) and meets her when she comes to them. She is also the first to react after Siuan has told them they need to get on with teaching Egwene what she needs to know before meeting the Hall (LoC, Ch. 34). When Egwene says she cannot possibly be made Amyrlin Seat, Morvrin tells her to settle down, and when Romanda asks in the Hall who will stand for Egwene as Amyrlin Morvrin says that she will, along with Sheriam and Myrelle (LoC, Ch. 35).
- She and the rest of Sheriam's council sends ten sisters - two from each Ajah - back to the Tower to reveal the 'truth' about Logain and how he was set up as a false Dragon of the Red sisters. Sheriam reveals it only when asked directly by Egwene (ACoS, Ch. 8). When Gareth Bryne presents the rumors of Rand having sworn fealty to Elaida, Egwene makes plans to send Morvrin along with the five other sisters in Sheriam's council to learn for themselves that is not true so that they can tell everyone else, and later that day Egwene plans to make them swear fealty to her, increasing the number of sisters who have done so to ten (ACoS, Ch. 12).
- Together with Sheriam, Carlinya and Nisao, Morvrin is set to sew the seeds of gossip at the breakfast table so that the Hall will do what Egwene thinks is necessary when dealing with Pelivar and the other rulers of strong Andoran and Murandian Houses (TPoD, Ch. 15). Morvrin chooses to talk to Takima, who is Sitter of the Brown Ajah (TPoD, Ch. 16).
- Just outside Tar Valon, Delana reveals that some of the Sitters are suggesting negotiations with Elaida and Egwene gathers Morvrin, the rest of Sheriam's group and the Yellow Nisao to allow them to listen. Morvrin is surprised to say the least, and almost as shocked by Beonin's willingness to lead in such negotiations as by Egwene's demands (CoT, Ch. 16). She is unwilling to jump to conclusions as for what Delana might really be aiming for, but after Nisao's interference she is willing to - however reluctantly - allow negotiations with the Sitters in Tar Valon since talks might buy them some time and increase the chances of Gareth Bryne being able to lay a proper siege on the city. Along with the other six she is sent off to report to their respective Ajah Heads (CoT, Ch. 17), and then comes to the Amyrlin's study while Egwene is talking with Siuan about carrying messages that Akarrin and the others have returned and that the Hall is gathering to hear their story (CoT, Ch. 18). Egwene sends Siuan to get Sheriam, and Morvrin, Anaiya and Myrelle stay with her, the two latter giving her their input on what their Heads might do while Morvrin keeps all possibilities open. When Egwene decides she has waited long enough and walk towards where the Hall meets, the three follow her and stand behind their own Sitters when the news is given (CoT, Ch. 19).
- After Kairen has been killed in her sleep by means of saidin, Sheriam comes in to have a meeting with Egwene and when she leaves Morvrin and Myrelle enters. None of them (Sheriam, Morvrin or Myrelle) really believes Egwene is a Dreamer, but Morvrin says that since Anaiya (who was killed in the same fashion as Kairen) claimed she is she might be. When Maigan enters and sends Siuan off to fetch tea, Morvrin follows her (CoT, Ch. 30).
- After Egwene's capture, she gathers with the other sisters sworn to Egwene (KoD, Prologue).
Part of Sheriam's council in Salidar (TFoH, Ch. 27).
Stands for Egwene as Amyrlin Seat together with Sheriam and Myrelle (LoC, Ch. 35).
"Why should we allow you to do as you want? You have been stilled, woman. Whatever you were, you are no longer Aes Sedai. If we want these agents' names, you will both give them to us." (The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 27)
"We must all do what we can do best, child. Do you think Edesina or Afara or Guisin wanted to go to Tarabon? What can they do to bring order to that unquiet land? But we must try, so they went. Kiruna and Bera are probably in the Spine of the World right this minute, on their way to search for Rand al'Thor in the Aiel Waste because we thought - only thought - when we sent them that he might be there. That we were right makes their journey no less futile now, with him out of the Waste. We all do what we can, what we must. You two are Accepted. Accepted do not go running off to Ebou Dar or anywhere else. What you two can and must do is remain here and study. Were you full sisters, I would still keep you here. No one has made the sort of discoveries you have, the sheer number in so short a time, in a hundred years." (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 15)