A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Toral Delvar
Rolan is one of the Mera'din and believes Rand to be a false Car'a'carn. After taking Faile captive, he becomes attracted to her and plans to help her escape. He is as wide as Perrin and a head taller (TPoD, Ch. 30).
- He carries Faile when she struggles to walk in the snow (WH, Ch. 3).
- He gives her his coat to keep her warm, even though this is against custom for gai'shain (WH, Ch. 3).
- He keeps Faile warm with a pair of braziers when Sevanna has her tied outside naked in the cold for a night as punishment for plotting to run away (CoT, Ch. 9).
- He fights other Aiel to protect Faile, killing one (KoD, Ch. 5).
- He warns Faile that trying to escape is dangerous and that he might not be around to protect her (KoD, Ch. 5).
- He rescues Faile after Galina betrays her. He intends to take her to safety, but is killed by Perrin before he is able to (KoD, Ch. 30).
- Faile holds a ceremony of rememberance for Rolan and the others who died protecting them (TGS, Ch. 21).
- He believes he is capable of making a woman laugh (CoT, Ch. 9).
- He encourages other Mera'din to look after Faile's party (KoD, Ch. 5).
"What happens while you are gai'shain cannot be held against you" (To Faile; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 2).
"We cannot follow a false Car'a'carn and a wetlander at that, but perhaps we will be allowed to live out our lives in our own holds. We think on it. We have been away from home a long time and these Shaido sicken us (Knife of Dreams, Chapter 5).