Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Therava is a Wise One of the Shaido Aiel. She has waist-length, white-streaked dark red hair and a leathery hawk-like face (LoC, Prologue; KoD, Ch. 5). She is taller than most men with cold deep blue eyes and narrow lips (ACoS, Ch. 40; CoT, Ch. 9). She is very strong in the One Power (TPoD, Ch. 11).
- She, Sevanna and Desaine meet with Coiren and the rest of the White Tower delegation (LoC, Prologue).
- She, Sevanna and Emerys increase the tension in the Wise Ones' tents near Cairhien when they show up (LoC, Ch. 32).
- After the Wise Ones saw the weave shielding Rand, she assures Sevanna the Wise Ones can duplicate it. She and the others then murder Desaine with the One Power (LoC, Ch. 53).
- During the battle at Dumai's Wells, she takes her half of the Wise Ones to the west on Sevanna's orders (ACoS, Prologue).
- Nine days after the battle, Therava arrives with the other Shaido Aiel and a captured Galina Casban at Sevanna's tents. Sammael then appears disguised as Caddar with Graendal as Maisia by his side and opens gateways to scatter the Shaido. Therava follows Sevanna and the other channeling Wise Ones to Ghealdan (ACoS, Ch. 40).
- She has the other Wise Ones agree to letting a Wise One - herself - advise Sevanna, who speaks as a clan chief (TPoD, Ch. 11).
- After the Wise Ones question a Seanchan soldier, they make Galina swear to obey them, Sevanna and Therava most of all (TPoD, Ch. 11).
- She and Someryn bring Galina to Faile and the other captives to Heal "Sevanna's new gai'shain". She later comes up to Alliandre, Faile and Maighdin and has them spy on Sevanna from then on (WH, Ch. 4).
- She argues in vain with Sevanna to move away from the Seanchan (CoT, Ch. 9).
- She allows Galina to ride if she returns before nightfall, because she knows she cannot run away. Galina was kidnapped, and thus is late, but this excuse does not work on Therava and she punishes Galina severely (KoD, Prologue).
- Therava tries again to make Sevanna move the Shaido into the mountains, but Sevanna intends to stay permanently. Later, when Therava finds out that the rod has been stolen she has the whole camp searched thoroughly (KoD, Ch. 5).
- She leads a large group of Shaido Aiel to return to the Waste and rebuild their clan there (KoD, Ch. 30).
She takes Galina as gai'shain, so she does not like Sevanna, Tion and Modarra declaring her da'tsang (ACoS, Ch. 40). Galina is terrified of her to the point of having nightmares (TPoD, Ch. 11; KoD, Prologue).
In the beginning, she follows Sevanna more or less because she speaks as the Shaido clan chief (LoC, Prologue). But she grows more defiant with time, goading on the other Wise Ones that took part in Desaine's secret murder against Sevanna (TPoD, Ch. 11).
Faile tries to give a semblance of meekness around her, because she is afraid of her like all the others, but she does not really believe Therava when she says she will let them go as a reward for spying on Sevanna. Therava herself only sees her, Alliandre and Maighdin as a means to her ends (WH, Ch. 4).
Alliandre wants to see her dead before she leaves the Shaido camps (CoT, Ch. 9).
Ever since Maighdin was found in Therava's tent trying to obtain the binder, she says she wants to kill Therava (KoD, Ch. 5).
- Sevanna contemplates on using the Oath Rod on her (ACoS, Ch. 20).
- She has always believed snow was a lie until she sees it herself (TPoD, Ch. 11).
- She keeps the binder after making Galina swear to obey her and not to pick the ter'angreal up (TPoD, Ch. 11). Galina later wants Faile to steal it from Therava (WH, Ch. 4).
- She does not allow Galina any enjoyment she refuses herself (KoD, Prologue).
- Even some of the Shaido begin to think Galina's treatment too hard, but no one would mention that to a Wise One (KoD, Ch. 5).
- She believes Couladin was the Car'a'carn, although she has not yet found the Wise Ones who permitted him to enter Rhuidean (KoD, Ch. 5).
"A tawny mountain cat, striped in shades of brown and heavier than a man, snarled at them from a rocky ledge above; a female, lacking the tufts on her ears and the wide cheeks. Galina wanted to shout at her to flee, to run before Therava caught her." (Galina to herself upon seeing a mountain cat; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 40)
"Even the burning of her skin paled under that stare. She had daydreamed about breaking every one of these women, making them plead for death, laughing as she denied their begging. About every one except Therava." (Galina to herself on Therava's cold stare; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 11)
"She had never seen Therava before, but in that glance she knew the woman's sort, eager to crush any challenge utterly and capable of seeing challenge in a casual glance." (Faile on Therava; Winter's Heart, Chapter 4)
"I am not Therava. I will not beat you for the pleasure of it." (Meira to Faile; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 5)