Alliandre Maritha Kigarin
A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
She is described as being elegant, reserved, poised, and stately (CoT, Ch. 9).
Alliandre is the fourth noble to be raised to the throne of Ghealdan in half a year. She has only managed to keep her throne by placating Masema (TFoH, Ch. 39). Alliandre is willing to go to any lengths to keep Ghealdan safe; she submits to Rand, and even swears fealty to Perrin (LoC, Ch. 28; TPoD, Ch. 10).
- Alliandre becomes the Queen of Ghealdan (TFoH, Ch. 39).
- Alliandre visits Masema. They speak about crime in Ghealdan (TFoH, Ch. 39).
- Alliandre contacts Rand via a note. She says that she supports him (LoC, Ch. 28).
- Alliandre visits Perrin and swears fealty to him (TPoD, Ch. 10).
- Alliandre, along with Faile, Maighdin, Arrela, Lacile, Bain, and Chiad are captured by the Shaido Aiel. They are made gai'shain (TPoD, Ch. 30).
- When Alliandre and the others are taken to the Shaido camp, she fights against her captors. She is beaten for it (WH, Ch. 3).
- Alliandre and Faile speak in the Shaido camp (CoT, Ch. 9).
- Alliandre, Maighdin, and Faile tie up Dairaine after Maighdin notices that she is likely to tell the Shaido about their escape plans. Alliandre suggests killing Dairaine and hiding the body (KoD, Ch. 28).
- Alliandre, Maighdin, Faile, Arrela, and Lacile are trapped in a collapsed building by Galina (KoD, Ch. 28).
- Arganda wants her to be allowed to move ahead, but Perrin refuses. Instead he agrees to allow her party to lead (TGS, Ch. 9).
- Alliandre goes with Faile and Perrin when they meet Elayne and joins them for the private meeting (ToM, Ch. 47).
- In the meeting, Alliandre suggest that if Faile becomes Queen of Saldaea, one child could inherit the throne and another the Lordship of the Two Rivers (ToM, Ch. 47)
- She is present during the battle outside Caemlyn, possibly following Elayne's example (AMoL, Ch. 10).
- After the battle moves to the Field of Merrilor, she stays with the Ghealdanin forces (AMoL, Ch. 37).
Alliandre walks upon a very thin rope when around Masema. She worries about what his policies are doing to Ghealdan, but knows that if she challenges him, she will lose her throne.
While Alliandre has never met Rand, she sends him a letter saying that she supports him. She also swears fealty to him through Perrin; these she does in order to save Ghealdan. She is the first ruler to approach Rand without his sword at a nation's throat (LoC, Ch. 28).
After the rescue and before Morgase is identified, Alliandre is unsure how to relate to her (ToM, Ch. 6).
After Morgase is revealed, Alliandre is angry that she kept her secrets (ToM, Ch. 29)
"Forgive me. It is as you say, of course. There is no lord save the Lord Dragon, and I am but a humble follower of the Lord Dragon -- blessed by the name of the Lord Dragon -- who comes to hear the wisdom and guidance of the Prophet." (Alliandre to Masema; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 39)
"Under the Light, I, Alliandre Maritha Kigarin, pledge my fealty and service to Lord Perrin Aybara of the Two Rivers, now and for all time, save that he chooses to release me of his own will. My lands and throne are his, and I yield them to his hand. So I do swear." (Alliandre to Perrin; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 10)
"Ghealdan needs protection I cannot give, so duty demands I find it. You can give it, my Lord, you and the Lord Dragon Reborn, blessed be his name in the Light. In truth, I would swear directly to him if he were here, but you are his man. Swearing to you, I also swear to him." (Alliandre to Perrin; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 10)
"I will not leave without you. I will not take my oath of fealty lightly, my Lady. I will escape with you, or not at all!" (Alliandre to Faile after they have been captured by the Shaido; Winter's Heart, Chapter 4)
"If he helped me escape, I would marry him. Or not, as he wanted. He's not quite pretty, but it wouldn't be painful, and my husband, if I had one, would never have to know. If he had any sense, he would be overjoyed to have me back and ask no questions he didn't want to hear answers to." (Alliandre to Faile about Rolan; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 9)