Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
|Wheel of Time Random Quote|
|Your carneira wears part of your soul as a ribbon in her hair forever. - Lan PoV (NS, Ch. 16)|
The full name was not recorded in the main series, but was given in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library
- After Egwene is raised, Romanda, Varilin and two other Sitters discuss how to limit the influence Sheriam has as Egwene's Keeper (LoC, Ch. 37).
- She follows Romanda when she and Lelaine confront Egwene to tell her that Delana intends to declare Elaida a member of the Black Ajah (ACoS, Ch. 11).
- She is one of the five Sitters that comes up with the talks of negotiations with Elaida (CoT, Ch. 16).
- She speaks against the proposal of allying with the Black Tower, "very near making the forbidden speeches" (CoT, Ch. 19).
- She takes over the negotiations with the White Tower, pushing Beonin into a lesser role (CoT, Ch. 30).
- Theodrin tells Egwene that Varilin is very frustrated over how the talks are going on (CoT, Ch. 30).
- Beonin sees Varilin riding eastward with Takima, Faiselle, Saroiya and Magla, but she cannot believe they would find negotiations in Darein (KoD, Ch. 2).
- When Merise Haindehl and Jahar Narishma lay Rand's offer of bonding forty-seven Asha'man before the Hall, she is not present. Romanda believes she is in Darein continuing with the negotiations (KoD, Ch. 23).
- Before the meeting in which Egwene exposes the Black Ajah, Varilin asks if the meeting is going to be about the Seanchan (TGS, Ch. 45).
- She keeps her seat after the reunification of the Tower. She attends the meeting Romanda calls but does not stand for Egwene's proposal about how to run the war. She does stand for the proposal to give the Amyrlin and all Sitters time to attend any meeting of the Hall (ToM, Ch. 27).
"Varilin and Takima glared at one another like two maidservants supporting their mistresses, a long-legged wading bird in a scowling match with a wren." (Egwene; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 11).
"'I wish Varilin and that lot surprised me, Mother. Discounting the Blue, six Sitters from five Ajahs fled the Tower after Elaida carried out her coup,' her mouth twisted slightly on the word, 'and here we have one from each of those five. I was in Tel'aran'rhiod last night, in the Tower - '" (Siuan to Egwene; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 18).