A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Abaldar Yulan is a Seanchan noble who fights in the Hailene (TPoD, Ch. 24). His full title is Captain of the Air for the Forerunners Lord Abaldar Yulan (WH, Ch. 19, KoD, Prologue.). He used to be a morat'raken, and is not pleased that his new position prevents him from flying (TPoD, Ch. 24).
- Yulan fought against Rand's army and wept when the Seanchan lost. He had to order the retreat. He did not look forward to apologizing to Suroth or the Empress about the loss (TPoD, Ch. 24).
- Yulan met with General Galgan and Suroth when news arrived of attacks on the Seanchan camps in Tarabon. Suroth ordered him to send raken to Tarabon to hunt down Ituralde (KoD, Prologue).
- Yulan stays in The Wandering Woman in Ebou Dar. He had the best rooms, at least until Egeanin arrived (WH, Ch. 19).
- Yulan is involved in the plans for an attack against the White Tower, most likely being in charge of the operation. (CoT, Ch. 4)
- Yulan is commanded by Suroth Sabelle Meldarath to gather just about all raken and take them to Tarabon. (KoD, Prologue)
- He proposes a plan to raid the White Tower. He says the number of marath'damane in Tar Valon is a great threat, as is the weapon used north of Ebou Dar. It will be a great advantage if the Seanchan can learn Traveling (TGS, Ch. 19).
- Yulan leads the strike against Tar Valon (TGS, Ch. 36).
- When the Seanchan try to decide if they should return to the battle, Galgan speaks in Mat's favor (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- Min sees a vision of a chain above his head and realizes he is a captive (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- Min accuses him of working against the empire, but reveals he was under Compulsion (AMoL, Ch. 37)
Yulan, a dark little man in a blue robe embroidered with black-crested eagles, must have dressed in too great a hurry to apply the gum that normally held his wig in place, because he was constantly touching the thing to make sure it was straight. He was Captain of the Air for the Forerunners, but the Return’s Captain of the Air was only a Banner-General, a more senior man having died on the voyage. Yulan would have no trouble with him. (Suroth's thoughts about Yulan; KoD, Prologue)
"A wise move, High Lady," he said, frowning at the map, "but may I suggest leaving the raken in Amadicia and those assigned to Banner-General Khirgan. Raken are the best way we have to locate Aiel, and in two days we still haven’t found those Whitecloaks. That will still give General Turan—"
"The Aiel are less of a problem every day," she told him firmly, "and a few deserters are nothing." He inclined his head in assent, one hand keeping his wig in place. He was only Low Blood, after all. (Suroth and Yulan; KoD, Prologue)