From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
She is as tough as a feral hound (TGS, Ch. 43).
- Following the split in the Tower, Adelorna, Ferane, Jesse, Serancha, and Suana, all of them Heads of their respective Ajahs, agree to control the Tower between them. They send the youngest Sitters of their Ajahs to the rebels in an attempt to control the rebels and bring about a reunification of the Tower. To temporarily replace these Sitters, they choose young sisters whom they can control (TGS, Ch. 43). Adelorna chooses Rina as the new Green Sitter (CoT, Prologue).
- Adelorna is birched on Elaida's orders (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Adelorna takes Egwene for a private lesson. She punishes Egwene three times during the course of the lesson (KoD, Ch. 24).
- When the Seanchan attack the White Tower, Adelorna fights them alongside other Greens, including Josaine, who dies, and Marthera, who is captured. One of her three Warders is killed in the attack and another, Talric, is wounded (TGS, Ch. 40).
- During the battle against the Seanchan, Adelorna makes her way to the twenty-second level of the Tower. At one point, she is collared by a sul'dam named Gregana, but Egwene comes to her rescue and frees her. At first, Adelorna intends to take control from Egwene, who is directing the novices in battle, but she ends up ceding control to Egwene. Egwene takes her to the angreal storeroom so that Adelorna can show her which items are angreal that can be used against the Seanchan (TGS, Ch. 40).
- Following the Seanchan attack on the White Tower, Adelorna, Ferane, Jesse, Serancha, and Suana meet to discuss what to do. They decide to abandon their dreams of secretly controlling the Tower through the Amyrlin and to have Egwene raised as the Amyrlin Seat of the reunified Tower (TGS, Ch. 43).
- Before the Last Battle she tells Egwene that the Greens who have opposed her have been told to mend their ways and, indirectly, that the Greens consider Egwene one of them
Adelorna, Ferane, Jesse, Serancha, and Suana do not fully trust each other, but Jesse thinks to herself that they come closer to doing so than any one else with any power in the Hall (TGS, Ch. 43).
Adelorna respects Egwene (TGS, Ch. 43). She feels herself swelling with pride when Egwene looks at her with respect upon learning that Adelorna has just lost a Warder and yet is still standing (TGS, Ch. 40). Raising Egwene to the Amyrlin Seat of the reunified Tower is Adelorna's idea (TGS, Ch. 43).
- Elaida had Adelorna birched for removing an angreal from the storerooms without permission. The Green Ajah was incensed by it (ACoS, Ch. 32; CoT, Prologue).
- Talene Minly, a Black sister posing as Green, told Seaine, Pevara, Yukiri, Saerin, and Doesine that Adelorna is the Captain-General (CoT, Prologue).
- Adelorna is in favor of the negotiations with the Salidar Aes Sedai. She had to order at least one of the Green Sitters to agree with her (CoT, Ch. 21).
- Gregana, the sul’dam who collars her during the Seanchan attack on the Tower, determines that she will rename Adelorna “Sivi” (TGS, Ch. 40).
"Adelorna did worse, I fear. She removed an angreal from one of the storerooms without permission. When you have found them, you will announce their punishment immediately. Something quite stiff." (Alviarin to Elaida about Adelorna; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 32)
Captain-General: (2) The title given to the head of the Green Ajah, though only known to the members of the Green. This position is currently held by Adelorna Bastine in the Tower, and Myrelle Berengari among the rebel Aes Sedai contingent under Egwene al'Vere. (Crossroads of Twilight, Glossary)
The Saldaean woman wore her shawl, too - no sister was seen outside her Ajah quarters without her shawl, now - and was followed by her three Warders. [...]Warders wearing swords and plainly guarding their Aes Sedai's back, in the Tower. (Pevara about Adelorna; KoD, Prologue)
Adelorna frowned at her hairbrush before returning it to the table that Egwene had overset twice with her kicking. Then she frowned at Egwene, studying her as if trying to see inside her skull. "I wish Cadsuane were in the Tower," she murmured. "I think she'd find you a challenge." There seemed a touch of respect in her voice. (Adelorna to Egwene; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 24)
“Didn’t you yourself say that we had to heal the Tower, no matter what the cost?” Adelorna asked. “Can you honestly think of a better way to bring the rebels back to us?” She turned to Serancha. “What is the best method of appeasing an offended party? Would it not be to give some ground to them, acknowledge what they have done right?” (Adelorna to Ferane, Jesse, Serancha, and Suana about naming Egwene Amyrlin; (The Gathering Storm, Chapter 43))