From Tar Valon Library
Seaine Herimon is an Aes Sedai of the White Ajah. She sided with Elaida after Siuan was deposed, the only Sitter not in the meeting of the Hall to remain, despite the fact that she was the one to propose her as Amyrlin in the first place (ACoS, Ch. 32). She is from Lugard (ACoS, Ch. 32). She does not like Elaida but thinks liking the Amyrlin is not necessary (ACoS, Ch. 32). She didn't believe the tales about the Reds and false Dragons, but wondered why they would not deny it (ACoS, Ch. 32). Yukiri thinks she hasn't got much common sense (CoT, Prologue). Egwene thinks she seems more timid than the other Black Ajah hunters (TGS, Ch. 12). She is described as "stately" (TGS, Ch. 12)
Strengths and Talents
- She has a chair in her room that was a gift from her father, a furniture maker (ACoS, Ch. 32, CoT, Prologue).
- She proposed Siuan and would not have stood against her if she had been informed (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She was friends with Talene since Talene came to the Tower while Seaine was an Accepted (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She was novice and Accepted with Pevara, but after being raised, Pevara was forced to discontinue the friendship by Tesien Jorhald. She planned most of the pranks she and Pevara carried out, though Pevara thought them up (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She did not like Serancha as a novice and Accepted (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She is raised Aes Sedai, the same year that Sereille Bagand is raised Amyrlin (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- c985NE she becomes a Sitter (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She proposes Suian as Amyrlin (LoC, Ch. 8)
- Elaida approaches her to look for treachery in the Tower, She mistakes this as instructions to hunt out the Black Ajah (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She goes to Pevara for help as Pevara is the only Aes Sedai she can feel totally sure opposes the Black Ajah (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- She and Pevara bring Zerah to question her and discover about the rebels spreading the tales of the Red Ajah in the Tower (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Saerin, Talene, Doesine and Yukiri notice her and Pevara together and follow them to find out what they are up to (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- They identify Talene as a Darkfriend (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- They force Talene to confess using the chair of remorse (WH, Prologue).
- The other Sitters keep a close eye on her in case the Black Ajah get suspicious (CoT, Prologue).
- She notices that the replacement Sitters are mostly too young or otherwise unusual (CoT, Prologue).
- She receives a summons from Elaida and learns that she was supposed to be hunting for evidence that Alviarin had entered into treasonous correspondence with the Dragon Reborn (KoD, Prologue).
- She is present when Meidani takes Egwene to a meeting of the Black Ajah (TGS, Ch. 12).
- She tells Egwene that giving Meidani a fourht oath was reasonable given the presence of darkfriends in the Tower (TGS, Ch. 12).
- She says they need to gather the others and make sure they don't have similar loopholes in their oaths (TGS, Ch. 12).
- When Egwene says it would be suspicious of them to send her for penance, Seaine says they could have Meidani do it (TGS, Ch. 12).
- She tells Egwene that she can't be Amyrlin as Elaida was raised lawfully. Egwene replies by asking if any of the women who voted for Elaida were Black Ajah (TGS, Ch. 12).
- When Egwene asks if any of the women who voted for Elaida were Black Ajah, Seaine looks away troubled (TGS, Ch. 12).
- Seaine visits Egwene in her cell to tell her that Elaida broke the law in imprisoning her the way she did. She tells her Elaida has accused her of being a Darkfriend, but that the accusation will not stand (TGS, Ch. 25).
- Egwene tells her she must work hard and she replies that she will try (TGS, Ch. 25).
- During the Seanchan raid on the Tower, Seaine leads one of the pockets of resistance. Ferane implies they should consider her as the new Amyrling (TGS, Ch. 41).
- Seaine stands for Egwene to be raised Amyrlin (TGS, Ch. 46).
- Egwene involves her in searching for the killers of the Aes Sedai kiled by the bloodknives (ToM, Ch. 5).
- She comes up with three possible ways that Mesaana might have avoided the Oath Rod (ToM, Ch. 15).
- She is present for Nynaeve's raising and votes yes (ToM, Ch. 20)
- She is absent from the meeting called by Romanda (ToM, Ch. 27).
- She is one of the three Aes Sedai Egwene chooses for the meeting with the Wise Ones and Windfinders in Tel'aran'rhiod (ToM, Ch. 36)
- After Taim is forced out, she goes to the Black Tower to find an Asha'man to bond (AMoL, Ch. 21).
"So when the Hall deadlocked between four sisters raised Aes Sedai less than fifty years before, and Seaine Herimon of the White suggested a woman who had worn the shawl only ten years, it might have been as much exhaustion as Siuan's qualifications in administration that brought the Sitters to stand for her." (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 8)
"Sometimes, difficult decisions must be made. We cannot have Darkfriends among the Aes Sedai, and measures have been taken to search them out. We here each proved to Meidani that we are not friends of the Shadow, and so there can be no harm in making her give an oath to us. It was a reasonable action to make certain we are all working for the same goals" (To Egwene, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 10)