From Tar Valon Library
Author: Leora Oldessroth
Ailron is the king of Amadicia (TFoH, Ch. 16). His official title is Ailron, Anointed by the Light, King and Defender of Amadicia, Guardian of the Southern Gate (LoC, Prologue). Even though he is king, Ailron is firmly under the control of the Whitecloaks, whose stronghold is in Amadicia (TFoH, Ch. 16; LoC, Prologue; Ch. 1; ACoS, Prologue).
Ailron has dark, wavy hair and a receding hairline. His nose is a little long, his ears are a little big, and his face suggests softness (LoC, Prologue).
Ailron lays claim to a strip of Altaran land that runs the length of the Altara-Amadicia border (rumor has it that Pedron Niall wants to control the river trade to Ebou Dar (TFoH, Ch. 28)); the strip includes Salidar, So Eban, and Mosra (TFoH, Ch. 16).
- Morgase seeks refuge in Ailron's palace and aid from Ailron in retaking Andor after fleeing Caemlyn and the influence of Rahvin/Gaebril (LoC, Prologue).
- Pedron Niall tells Morgase that Ailron prizes women with sun-gold hair and that Ailron is trying to get her to sleep with him but he will never give her aid to retake Andor (LoC, Prologue).
- Thom reports to the Salidar Aes Sedai that they don't need to worry about Ailron or the Whitecloaks attacking them as they seem to be gathering all the Amadician and Whitecloak troops in a different direction (LoC, Ch. 29).
- Ailron led Amadician forces against the Seanchan near the town of Jeramel; the Amadicians were slaughtered; Balwer reports to Perrin that Ailron was taken captive by the Seanchan (WH, Ch. 1).
- In reality, Ailron was killed by the Seanchan (KoD, Ch. 12) when he tried to flee the battlefield (CoT, Prologue). The battle has come to be known as Ailron's Disaster (CoT, Prologue).
"That is the law in Amadicia, and Whitecloak law, too. Aes Sedai are outlawed are outlawed here, and so is any woman who ever trained in the Tower. Mother met Ailron once to sign a trade treaty, and they had to do it in Altara because Mother could not legally enter Amadicia." (Elayne to Nynaeve; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 16).
Ailron, Anointed by the Light, King and Defender of Amadicia, Guardian of the Southern Gate, was not as handsome as rumor made him, but then, Morgase had suspected when she first met him, years ago, that he might be the source of those rumors himself (Morgase thinking about Ailron; Lord of Chaos, Prologue).
Ailron had been a fool, puffed up with old tales of glory brightened by age and new hope of winning real power to go with his crown. He refused to see the reality in front of his eyes, and Ailron's Disaster had been the result. [...]He could still see that in his head, the earth turning to fountains of fire. He saw it in his dreams. Well, Ailron was dead, cut down trying to flee the field and his head displayed on a Taraboner's lance. A suitable death for a fool. (Eamon Valda thinking about Ailron and the battle at Jeramel; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue).