From Tar Valon Library
|Title||Gray Ajah Assistant Chat Mistress|
|Join Date||June 14, 2007|
|Link to Forum Profile|
Alyria Savoinya is an Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah.
- Joined TarValon.Net: June 14, 2007
- Joined Tower: September 28, 2007
- Raised Accepted: January 30, 2008
- Aspired to the Gray Ajah: March 29, 2008
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 13, 2008
- Gray Ajah Assistant Chat Mistress: November 1, 2011 - present
- Sitter for the Gray Ajah: October 10, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- Junior Member Summer Camp Moderator: July 7, 2011 - August 10, 2011
- Outreach Activities Team: May 22, 2011 - July 14, 2011
- Online Events Team: October 21, 2010 - May 22, 2011
- Sitter for the Gray Ajah: July 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010
- Chat Operator: January 2009 – March 18, 2010
- Mayor: July 2009 - February 2010
- Welcome Committee: January 5, 2009 - June 26, 2009
- Heart of the Gray Ajah: September 1, 2008 - March 28, 2009
- Library Articles
- Short Stories:
- The Most Optimistic Gray - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2008
- Grayest - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2009
- Most Helpful - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2009
- Best Pie Recipe - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- The Annoura Award (aka The Grayest of the Gray) - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2011
- The Annoura Award (aka The Grayest of the Gray) - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2012
- Gray Guide
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
Senior Member Interview, October 05, 2011
- Ajah Questions
- Why did you choose Gray?
First and foremost, it was (is) a smaller Ajah. I knew I needed a smaller group to be a part of because there was a lesser possibility of cliques, as well as they generally come with a warmer atmosphere, which I crave in a circle of friends.
Secondly, at the time the Grays were sending out "invitations" to guest to the Accepteds. We're still doing this currently, but for me it was a big deal to get a special hello from an Ajah. Gray was the only one doing that at the time.
When I Guested, I just knew. I could say anything I wanted without fear of being judged. The sense of humor was consistent with my own, and there was an immediate "I like them, they like me" feeling. Gray was clever, funny, and close-knit; all things I was looking for in a group of Sisters.
- Are you like the Grays in the books? Do you enjoy following politics and mediating disputes?
I'm not sure if this questions refers to the collective "you," or to me personally, so I'll try both.
I'm similar to the book Grays because I like to have my fingers in everyone's pie. Pun entirely intended.
I don't like following politics or mediating disputes, but I find myself doing both often. As far as mediating disputes, I have a hard time being "Gray" about it if it's something I'm taking a personal interest in or someone I care about is being hurt. In that case I have significantly less tact, but everything generally gets resolved.
As a whole we're similar to the book Grays because collectively, I feel we have an appreciation for the "laws" of the site and dislike seeing them broken. We all have a strong sense of justice running in our veins, and can become outraged when certain rights are trampled on.
- Do you have a favorite Gray Ajah character from the novels?
- Book Questions
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
- How did you first get into the series?
My husband (Alaren Tane) sort of forced me to read the series. I really don't much care for fantasy, so I played along, and then I was hooked.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Birgitte. I like a chick that can handle her beer.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
- Favorite book and scene?
When Elayne and Avidendha become first sisters. I effing tear up every time.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as?
As a Gray Aes Sedai plotting and Daes Dae'maring in ways that would make a Blue's head spin.
- General Questions
- What do you do in "real life"?
I am an auto claims adjuster.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I brew beer.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
That's a loaded question. I like everything. My teenage years were metal and grunge, I love Neil Diamond and Dolly Parton, and currently listen to a lot of Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, umm...lots more...this is sounding like a dating site questionnaire.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Hell I don't know. I've seen every episode of Friends? I like everything Joss Whedon has done minus Dollhouse. I really don't know how to answer this.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Well, my favorite period to study is modern American, from WW1 to current. Literature during the American Revolution and the American Civil war excites me, too. Steinbeck is my favorite author. There are a number of short story writers I love, too.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
An interior designer. I should have went with that instead of a useless English degree.