Amyrlin Seat (TarValon.Net)
The Amyrlin Seat is our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and handles the duties as outlined in the Bylaws for the President.
Position Level: Officer
Department: Executive Branch
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Officer Merit
To contact the Amyrlin Seat, email email@example.com.
Chain of Command
The Amyrlin Seat reports to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing cohesive leadership for the organization as a whole (goal setting, making sure all parts are working together towards the same objectives, and that those objectives serve our mission statement and organizational health. Communicating these goals effectively across the community up, down and sideways), keeping perspective and vision.
- Creating and stewarding our culture (decision making that profoundly affects how members interact, promoting a culture of cooperation and personal investment, helping members to grow relationships with one another). This is the single most influential position when it comes to how the community "feels."
- Team building among our volunteers and throughout the community.
- Management of resources (yes, this includes budget, but also includes human resources and time resources... are the projects we're working on the ones we should be working on? What is the cost/benefit and is it worth it? When do we put our efforts towards a new solution, and when do we pull the plug on something that hasn't worked?).
- Liaison between the Board of Directors and Officers/Executives. This position will not be a member of the Board, but will be the position that most works with them.
- Being the public face of TarValon.Net (officiating ceremonies, special awards and recognition, master of ceremonies, event host, developing relationships that benefit the organization, shaking hands, kissing babies, etc.).
In addition to other duties, the Amyrlin Seat serves as the major communicator between the Board and community management.
- Currently, Board Meetings are held approximately every quarter on the first Monday evening of the month (9pm EST, via Skype), but frequency can and has changed according to need.
- At least 5 years as an active member of TarValon.Net.
- At least 3 of those years must be spent as a Senior Member (total time, does not necessarily have to be continuous).
- At least 1 year serving in the Department of Membership (HoA, CC, MoN, MoA, CoR, CoS, Director, etc.), or as an Administrator or higher in another department.
- Be a member in good standing, and at least 21 years of age.
Non Essential Qualifications
- Active participation in any Administrative Role.
- Active participation in more than one department over their time as a member.
- Time served in the Hall.
- Ability to attend events with some regularity (the Amyrlin is not required to attend all of them, but some travel is required of this position).
On the formation of TarValon.Net and the decision to expand beyond the initial Blue and Green Ajahs, it was decided that Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin would be Amyrlin. After ten years, she decided to retire and the position was advertised. As this was such an essential role for the community that interacted with so many others, rather than the successful applicant taking over immediately, there was a period of transition, of around a year, where the presumptive Amyrlin was known as the Amyrlin Elect, or informally as Trainee Amyrlin.
- Cassie Dainar: November 12, 2022 - present
- Serinia Edoras: March 28, 2020 - November 12, 2022
- Rhed al'Tere: March 14, 2015 - March 28, 2020
- Vivianna L'antreau: March 30, 2012 - March 14, 2015
- Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin: March 25, 2001 - March 30, 2012