Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin
|Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin|
|Join Date||March 2001|
|Bonded to||Valorian Edoras and Josef al'March|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Member of the Board of Directors: September 2009 - present
- Integration Focus Group member: May 1, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Amyrlin Seat (CEO): August, 2001 - March 30, 2012
- Founded TarValon.Net: ~March 2001.
- Served as Head of the Red Ajah under the name Lesani: March 25, 2001 - April 14, 2002
- Served as Head of the Green Ajah: March 25, 2001 - August 25, 2001
- Served as Head of the Gray Ajah under the name Carylin: March 25, 2001 - September 13, 2002
- Served as Head of the Brown Ajah under the name Treyana: March 25, 2001 - July 1, 2001
- Local Liaison for Anniversary Party 2011
- Local Liaison for Fall Ball 2007
- Local Liaison for Tower Party 2001
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Creative Articles
- Classroom Teacher
- TarValon.Net Structure, Culture and History: June 2010 - July 2010
- TarValon.Net Administration: September 2006 - March 2007
- Tar Valon Times Member Spotlight about Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin (April 2012)
- Members' Choice Award: Member You'd Most Like to Have a Movie Night With - 2012
- Members' Choice Award: Biggest Lurker - 2013
- Members' Choice Award: Most Likely to Win But Not Even Know They Were Nominated - 2017
- Quiet Achievement Award - Annual Green Awards - 2016
- Quietest Award - Annual Green Awards - 2014
- Elayne Award - Annual Green Awards - 2012
- Bonded to Valorian Edoras, Gaidin of Val'Cueran: May 6, 2002 - present
- Bonded to Josef al'March, Gaidin of Val'Cueran: March 17, 2007 - present
- Bonded to Morni Stowers, Gaidin of Val'Cueran: 2001 - unknown
- Bonded to Ramone, Gaidin of Dai M'Hael: dates unknown
- Melana al'Cairera, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Serinia Edoras, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Aria Kakarot, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
Other Tower Relationships
- Anniversary Party 2003 - Fairview, Tennessee, USA
- Anniversary Party 2004 - Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Anniversary Party 2010 - Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2012 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2014 - Angelus Oaks, California, USA
- Anniversary Party 2015 - Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville, Georgia, USA
- Anniversary Party 2016 - Placerville, California, USA
- Comic*Con 2005 - San Diego, California, USA
- Fall Ball 2002 - Portland, Oregon, USA
- Fall Ball 2004 - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- Fall Ball 2006 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fall Ball 2010 - Washington, DC, USA
- Euro Party 2011 - Much Wenlock, Shropshire, UK
January 30, 2008
- What is your Tower name?
Eleyan Teyal Al'Landerin, Watcher of the Seals, Flame of TarValon.Net, The Amyrlin Seat. Mouthful, isn't it?
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
Since it was created nearly 7 years ago (while we celebrate our anniversary in March (around the time we coalesced as a Tower), we actually started creating pages for our Ajahs as a group in December of 2000.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I never was one. ;-)
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah?
Around October or November of 2000. My friend and I were discussing our plans to take over the world (as is our general conversation after a few drinks). This time, as Wendy was doing her first read of the series, we decided we should do it as Aes Sedai. We wern't quite sure how one could become a real Aes Sedai in the real world. So, we decided you became an Aes Sedai once you were made Aes Sedai by someone else. So, I made her Aes Sedai. And, as the first Aes Sedai, Wendy made me Aes Sedai. She picked Blue, I picked Green. We got our great serpent rings for Christmas and thought "Hey... let's build web pages."
- Why did you choose Green?
I chose Green because of this quote: "In the Trolloc Wars, we were often called the Battle Ajah. All Aes Sedai helped where and when they could. But the Green Ajah alone was always with the armies, in almost every battle. We were the counter to the Dreadlords. The Battle Ajah. And now we stand ready. For the Trollocs to come South again, for Tarmon Gai'don, the Last Battle. We will be there. That is what it means to be Green."
The quote also goes on to talk about needing to love men (not being in love with them, but loving them). I think this might be better explained as personally identifying and upholding traditionally "male" values and roles, including the willingness to fight and sacrifice ones life, honor, duty, brotherhood. It is understanding that we will make merry tonight because we may all die tomorrow. It's loving them because they refuse to ask for directions... not loving them despite it.
- Are you like the Greens in the Books?
I know some of my Daughters will say no, but I will say "Well, yes."
- Do you like to party, love men and are you a sucker for fashion and make up?
I do like to celebrate. I love men, am bonded to two of the most manly men I know, and most of my friends are male. I have no idea where you got the idea that Greens are into either fashion or make-up. That's the Domani's. Have you ever tried to lead people into battle while wearing a corset, or worrying if your mascara was smudged? I thought not.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
Valorian Edoras Gaidin, and Joseff al'March Gaidin. Both of them are Val Cueran. They are also both accomplished swordsmen, attractive, and they laugh easily. I love both of them with all my heart.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I'm the Amyrlin, which translates to "CEO" when I am dealing with banks or other organizations.
- How did you get to read the Series?
A person who looked oddly like Avienda threw "Eye of the World" at me and locked me in the room. She also threatened to never let me out if I didn't get through the first 100 pages. I believed her. And as the only other exit was my window and I lived 3 stories up? I read the book.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
Melana, Serinia, and Aria. I dont tend to make on because I have to focus on the big picture so much that I'm a terrible mentor. :P But for folk who know their own way around, it's a nice relationship to have. :)
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Well, I always wanted to have a drink with Matt. I think we'd get along famously. I have also always been partial to Far Madding. I always felt my personality would be a good fit for that city.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I've attended most of the ones in North America (I missed one Fall Ball). I adore them. These events are one of the larger things we do that defines us from any other group out there. We are not roleplay, and we're not strangers on the Internet. We are a real life community of people who live throughout the world, and who share the common bond of the love of a book. Real Life events help cement that. It is an amazing thing to be able to like someone for who they are, and not just like their avatar.
- What kind of music do you like?
Just about anything but rap or death metal.
- What are your favorite movies?
Too many to count. :) Easier to simply say I don't like horror, or films that are based on gross-out humor.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
I'm not telling. ^^ However, I would say thinking "Hey! Lets make a real life White tower!" and actually doing it? That was kind of unexpected.
- What job do you have?
Well.... this one. And I spend about 40 hours a week on it. I also Direct theatre, which is what I want to do full time one day. I feed myself, currently, by being an admin for an insurance company. It's dull, but I have a great benefits package. :P
- Do you have a pet?
Yes! One kitty, about 7 years old, named "Ajah."
- What languages do you speak?
English. I can get myself out of trouble in Spanish. I can get myself *in* trouble in French. And I can tell if someone wants to make trouble for me in Polish.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I have always wanted to be in theatre, but I didn't want people to think I was flippant. So I told people I wanted to be a Lawyer. Secretly, I have always wanted to run my own tiny city-state, which should not come as a great suprise. :P
- Elayne or Cadsuane?
If I'm on her good side? Cadsuane. She's got a set on her.
- Aiel or Atha'an Miere?
Atha'an Miere. I dislike the desert, like the ocean, and isn't the idea of a Sea Folk marraige facinating?
- Winter or summer?
- Day or night?
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm 29. I live in LA. I've lived in Placerville, Sacramento, London, Paris, Iowa City and.... well... here. I've been working in theatre for 17 years and have been involed in around 200 productions. I have been able to consult on the comic books, potential film projects, covers for the youth edition of WoT, and was fortunate enough to know the Rigneys for the last few years. I'm single, no children, I come with a cat who loves pretty much only me.