Director of Moderators
From Tar Valon Library
Chain of Command
The Director of Moderators reports to the Keeper
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle hiring, replacing, and training new chat ops and forum mods
- Be second in line for all issues that pop up in community moderation.
- Make decisions as to appropriateness of consequences for actions that occur in forums or in chat (with advisement from Director of Membership, Keeper, and Amyrlin) in a timely manner
- Enact temporary bans to forums (particularly Current Events Forum) and chat
- Keep records of all issues brought to light
- Keep track of all operators, particularly with regards to time availability
- Ensure that our chat rooms have at least one op in them at all times (this ties in with the above point)
- Serve as sounding board for Amyrlin and Keeper as an Executive
- Work with other Directors, particularly the Director of Community Outreach, for forum and chat events, and particularly the Director of Membership for coordination of actions that pass from Department of Moderators to Membership
- Handle any complaints about how issues have been handled by ops/mods
- Prepare quarterly reports to Amyrlin and Keeper
- Be a Senior Member with one year good standing
- Be willing and able to spend at least 15 hours a week handling Departmental issues. This is an estimate. Some weeks are less, some are more, depending on what's happening in the forums.
- Have chat operator experience or willingness to learn, and must have phpBB forum moderator experience or willingness to learn. You must have experience with at least one of these.
- Be extremely organized
- Be able to employ tact and diplomacy, even with people you don't necessarily like or respect
- Be a self-starter