Director of Moderators and Operators
From Tar Valon Library
(Redirected from Director of Moderators)
This TarValon.Net page is no longer being actively updated.
The Director handled all issues that pop up with our chat ops and the appropriate forum mods.
Position Level: Executive
Department: Department of Moderators and Operators/Executive Branch
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
Chain of Command
The Director of Moderators and Operators reported to the Keeper.
Mafia Moderators, the Master/Mistress of Chat, Forum Moderators and Chat Operators reported to the Director of Moderators and Operators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle hiring, replacing, and training new chat ops and forum mods.
- Be second in line for all issues that pop up in community moderation.
- Make decisions as to appropriateness of consequences for actions that occur in forums or in chat (with advisement from Director of Membership, Keeper, and Amyrlin Seat) in a timely manner.
- Enact temporary bans to forums (particularly Current Events Forum) and chat.
- Keep records of all issues brought to light.
- Keep track of all operators, particularly with regards to time availability.
- Ensure that our chat rooms have at least one op in them at all times (this ties in with the above point).
- Serve as sounding board for Amyrlin and Keeper as an Executive.
- Work with other Directors, particularly the Director of Community Outreach, for forum and chat events, and particularly the Director of Membership for coordination of actions that pass from Department of Moderators to Membership.
- Handle any complaints about how issues have been handled by ops/mods.
- Prepare quarterly reports to Amyrlin and Keeper .
- Be extremely organized.
- Be able to employ tact and diplomacy, even with people you don't necessarily like or respect.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be willing and able to spend at least 15 hours a week handling Departmental issues. This is an estimate. Some weeks are less, some are more, depending on what's happening in the forums.
- Be a Senior Member with one year good standing.
- Have chat operator experience or willingness to learn, and must have phpBB forum moderator experience or willingness to learn. You must have experience with at least one of these.
In September 2020 the Department of Moderators and Operators was disbanded and this role was defunct.
Directors of the Department of Moderators and Operators
- Nymala Ingasy: April 15, 2019 - September 26, 2020
- Asandra al'Terra: March 18, 2018 - April 14, 2019
- Kelgan al'Moranwin: August 22, 2013 - March 17, 2018
- Karassa Souladrin: June 27, 2011 - August 22, 2013
- Vivianna L'antreau: November 14, 2009 - June 27, 2011
- Calypsa al'Nicolai: May 9, 2009 - November 14, 2009
- Serinia Edoras: March 25, 2009 - May 9, 2009
- Melana al'Cairera: November 17, 2007 - March 25, 2009