From Tar Valon Library
Author: Melania al'Larwind
Erith, daughter of Iva daughter of Alar, is a young female Ogier of Stedding Tsofu (TGH, Ch. 35). Her features are more delicate than Loial's, who is her husband-to-be (LoC, Ch. 20). She is shorter than Loial (TGH, Ch. 35), though she tops Rand by nearly a foot and a half (LoC, Ch. 20). Erith has a broad nose, big eyes, a wide mouth, and tufted ears (TGH, Ch. 35). Her eyebrows are shorter than Loial's and her tufts are finer than his (TGH, Ch. 35).
When first introduced, she wore a long green dress and green cloak embroidered with flowers and carried a bunch of silverbell blossoms, appearing to have been gathering them (TGH, Ch. 35). Her voice is lighter than Loial's and described to be "the softer rumble of a smaller bumblebee." (TGH, Ch. 25).
- After determining Verin the leader, Erith asks her to keep most of the armed Shienarans back out of the stedding (TGH, Ch. 35)
- Erith leads Rand, Mat, Perrin, Loial, Verin, Ingtar, and Hurin deeper into the stedding (TGH, Ch. 35)
- Erith gives Loial a trueheart blossom which has yellow petals and says that he is handsome (TGH, Ch. 36)
- Erith, Covril, and Elder Haman arrive in Caemlyn at the Palace looking for Loial so Covril can properly marry him to Erith (LoC, Ch. 20)
- Rand tells Elder Haman, Covril, and Erith that Loial is in the Two Rivers and he offers them the hospitality of the Palace (LoC, Ch. 20)
- Erith, Covril, Elder Haman, and Maidens accompany Rand when he Travels to Shadar Logoth where Haman then shows him the Waygate (LoC, Ch. 21)
- Rand takes Erith and the two other Ogier to the Two Rivers by Traveling (LoC, Ch. 21).
- Haman, Covril and Erith catch up with Loial at Algarin's manor and Erith marries Loial (KoD, Ch. 19).
Loial's wife-to-be, chosen by Covril (LoC, Ch. 20)
Daughter of Iva and granddaughter of Alar (TGH, Ch. 35)
Erith is married to Loial (KoD, Ch. 19).
- Rand is sure that she is no older than Loial (TGH, Ch. 35) and thinks that she is probably not a day over eighty (LoC, Ch. 20).
- In Shadar Logoth, Erith pats Rand on the shoulder with surprising gentleness after he announces that they will all have to leave whether or not the Maiden, Liah, is alive (LoC, Ch. 21).
"Be welcome to Stedding Tsofu. I am Erith, daughter of Iva daughter of Alar. Be welcome. We have had so few human visitors since the stone masons left Cairhien, and now so many at once. Why, we even had some of the Traveling People, though, of course, they left when the...Oh, I talk too much." - (Erith, The Great Hunt, Chapter 35)
"Is she not beautiful, Rand? And her voice sings." - (Loial about Erith, The Great Hunt, Chapter 35)
"I want him to be my husband. I knew that when I first saw him. I will not let him die. Not from being foolish." - (Erith about Loial, Lord of Chaos, Chapter 20)
"She was the one who said you're handsome. And gave you a flower, as I recall." - (Rand to Loial about Erith, Lord of Chaos, Chapter 49)
"Her face is so delicate, yet strong at the same time. When I looked at her eyes, it seemed I could see nothing else. And her ears!" - (Loial, Lord of Chaos, Chapter 54).
"Will you allow me to tend my own husband. Mother Covril" (Knife of Dreams, Chapter 19)