From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kayla Tari
Liah is a Maiden of the Spear, and belongs to the Cosaida Sept of the Chareen Clan (LoC, Ch. 19; Ch. 26; WH, Ch. 34). She is handsome, but she has a hard face with a scar across her cheek. She is yellow haired and very tall, a head shorter than Rand. She talks in a quick and clipped way (LoC, Ch. 3).
As is the case with other Maidens, she is regularly guarding Rand. She was the first who suggested that the Maidens should be his honour guard, and was present when he said announced that they carry his honour.
- Liah is standing guard around Rand with about twenty other Maidens in the courtyard of the Royal Palace in Caemlyn while he's practising the sword (LoC, Ch. 1).
- Liah and Cassin accompany Aviendha and Rand back to his quarters when the Dragon Reborn returns to Caemlyn. Aviendha is jibed by Liah about Rand (LoC, Ch. 19).
- Liah and Cassin are with Rand when he goes to meet with Elder Haman, Covril and Erith. (LoC, Ch. 20).
- Rand goes to Shadar Logoth with the Haman, Covril, Erith and the Maidens to check on the Waygate, and Liah is lost there and cannot be found. She survives, but is now bonded to Aridhol (LoC, Ch. 21).
- Liah has been corrupted by the evil of Shadar Logoth when Rand encounters her later on while searching for Sammael. She kills two Trollocs but is trapped by Mashadar. Rand is saved by the Wanderer and kills Liah with balefire (ACoS, Ch. 41).
Liah is one of the Maidens who protect Rand as his honour guard.
Ahvienda doesn't know Liah (LoC, Ch. 19).
Rand thinks that when he killed her, he told himself it was for her own good. (ACoS, Ch. 41)
Liah glanced at him, her laugh silvery. "You will look pretty in skirts, Red Shield, the day you come to ask to become a Maiden." (to Cassin; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 19)
"Rand al'Thor?" she said slowly. Her eyes widened, falling to the dead Trollocs, and a look of horror spread across her face. "Rand al'Thor," she whispered, fumbling the black veil into place across her face with the hand that held her spear. "The Car'a'carn!" she wailed. And fled. (A Crown of Swords, Chapter 41)