Author: Atarah al'Norahn
- Ines Demain gives birth to a baby boy whom she names Rahien. He is born one day after the Aiel begin their retreat and Gitara Moroso has her Foretelling about the Dragon Reborn (NS, Ch. 23).
- Ines goes into seclusion for a month in the Aesdaishar Palace when her husband falls over dead in his porridge. She will stay in seclusion for a month, seeing no one but close family (NS, Ch. 24).
- Ten days later, Moiraine and Siuan arrive at the Aesdaishar Palace to find out if Ines is the mother of the Dragon Reborn (NS, Ch. 23).
- Siuan learns that Ines and Rahien are not the ones, as Rahien was born nearly two miles from Dragonmount in a farmhouse (NS, Epilogue).
- Ines is the first woman Moiraine has found who could actually see Dragonmount when she gave birth (NS, Ch. 23).
"I found Ines Demain almost right off, but not where I can reach her. She's a new widow, but she did have a son, for sure. Named him Rahien because she saw the dawn come up over Dragonmount. Talk of the streets. Everybody thinks it a fool reason to name a child." (Siuan to Moiraine; New Spring, Chapter 23).
"A much older man, but it seems she loved him. She's been given ten rooms and a garden on the south side of the palace; her husband was a close friend to Prince Brys." Ines would remain to herself a full month, seeing no one but close family. Her servants only came out when absolutely necessary. (Siuan to Moiraine;New Spring, Chapter 24).