From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||September 11, 2007|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: September 11, 2007
- Joined Tower: November 23, 2007
- Raised Accepted: February 22, 2008
- Aspired to the Blue Ajah: May 7, 2008
- Raised Aes Sedai: September 2, 2009
- Soul of the Blue Ajah: January 1, 2012 - July 26, 2012
- Guildmaster of the Gleeman's Guild: July 13, 2009 - March 3, 2010
- Online Events Team: January 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Gleemen Guild - Most likely to put on a Show - 2011
- Outstanding Leadership of the Gleemen Guild - 2010
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
May 17, 2010
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah?
I was summoned on the 2nd of September 2009 and announced on the 3rd of September 2009.
- Why did you choose Blue?
Because I'm Blue to my bones. It was the natural choice for me after realising that both of my sponsors were Blues, that I posted mainly in Blue, that I felt comfortable in Blue and that Blue simply felt like home. I guess, I already was Blue, when I became a member of the site - even when a certain someone described me as "Brown with Green stripes", when getting to know me in RL. But I'm so not Brown o Green on the site.
- Are you like the Blues in the Books?
Yes and no, I'd say. I'm very Blue as in having a cause I'd do everything for, I'm not Blue as I avoid getting involved in politics. That I studied history, politics and sociology surely is an indication, too.
- Do you plot and manipulate? Do you travel a lot?
Yes, I plot, but I don't manipulate. I like to surprise people with small gifts or sending them a pretty card, but I hate people, who are trying to manipulate others into the direction they want instead of helping them or simply saying, what they want. I travelled a lot back in the days as a teenager and a young adult, nowadays travelling became more rare.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I rushed through my time as a Citizen and as a Novice. I hated being Accepted after I aspired for many reasons. This experience alone will prevent me of demoting ever. If I'd known about all the hassle before, I wouldn't have joined the Tower.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
I joined the 11th of September 2007.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I've been a staff member of the Online Events team from January 2008 until June 2009, I was Guildmistress of the Gleemen Guild from June 2009 until February 2010, and I'm currently preparing and hosting the Summer Euro Party 2010 together with Heron Tallamand.
- How did you get to read the Series?
I stumbled over the books in my favourite book shop in 1994, when I was still a student, and was hooked latest after Rand saving Tam from the trollocs in the first book.
- To whom are you bonded, if you are bonded?
m not officially bonded.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
I don't have any mentees yet, but I'm the Shendar to Nymeria and Ma'sayna.
- Who's your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Lan and Nynaeve have always been my favourite characters, and I guess, my favourite nations are the borderlands, though I'd exclude Saldaea.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I attended the Summer Euro Parties 2008 and 2009 and will - of course - attend the Summer Euro Party 2010. RL events are great to get to know people aside from there avatars and site names, and sometimes you'll notice, that people are less awesome in RL or more awesome than on the site.
- What kind of music do you like?
I like any kind of melodic music, but as I started to play the violin at the age of six, I mainly listen to classical music. I've a good source though, who constantly takes care for widening my musical horizon - and I like that a lot.
- What are your favorite movies?
The Lord of the Rings movies, especially the second one.
- What job do you have?
I'm a studied historian, worked for years as a freelance journalist, couldn't pay my bills with that and became a secretary - a job I hate, but which pays my bills. I'm still writing though, and I also earn money as a musician.
- Do you have a pet?
I have a bunny called "Dächschen" ("little badger" in English), because she totally looks like a badger with her black and white fur.
- What languages do you speak?
German, English and French.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
A nurse at the age of eleven, a journalist after that.
- Moiraine or Siuan?
- Shienar or Saldea?
- Tea or coffee?
- Books or movies?
- A short bio about yourself.
Born and raised in a middle sized German town as the youngest of three girls, made my way successfully through school and university and still hope to find a job, which I like and which pays my bills at the same time. As I do believe in privacy, I keep my private life for me - sorry, Ladies and Gentlemen.