Captain of Recruits
From Tar Valon Library
The Captain of Recruits is an Admin position in the Department of Membership. The position focuses on handling all aspects of a recruit's life in the Tower and provides counsel when requested to the Director of Membership and the Officers.
It is a rotating role which rotates every 18 months.
Chain of Command
The Captain of Recruits reports directly to the Director of Membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides counsel to the administration as needed
- Keeps track of where recruits are at and send raising packets as necessary.
- Manages the male mentorship program.
- Provides the first line of defense when membership problems with recruits arise
- Works with the Director and other membership admins when inter-group problems arise
- Moderates the two forums associated with recruits
- Moderates the usergroups associated with recruits
- Builds morale and activity for the recruits and within the Garrison
- Works to coordinate plans to celebrate community-wide festivals and freedays
- Writes quarterly reports to the Director, Keeper, and Amyrlin regarding the recruits
- Any other possible responsibilty that deals with recruits
- Must be a male Senior Member for at least six months.
- Knowledge of the Bylaws and Member Manual are a plus; if you don't know them, you will learn them
- Must be able to use tact, diplomacy, and discretion, as the role be privy to information that normal members are not
- Must be willing to serve in the role for a full 18 month term
Originally this role was called the Captain of the Guard. The duties of the roles included being the Junior Member Administrator for both Recruits and Soldiers. In July 2007 the role was split to Captain of Recruits and Captain of Soldiers.